Best Place To Get A Good Meal Before/after A Game?

Harry

My vote as it has been in the past, the boiled Ham and Cheese original at NY Sub-Way!!! No substitute!!! Crushed ice for the fountain leaded Dr. Pepper. Mean Green Helmet on the wall. Close to ATM and the stadium! Quick, cheap and good! Definately the best choice for creatures of habit like myself. Feel free to convince me to go somewhere else, but I probably won't change my mind!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt, the Central Grill burger combo. Best burger in town! Their hamburger bun is awesome too! Very nice folks run the restaurant. Additionally, they have Mean Green jerseys, flags, signed/unsigned pictures (from current and past UNT athletes) and other memorabilia from various UNT sports hanging across the wall and ceiling.

Without a doubt, the Central Grill burger combo. Best burger in town! Their hamburger bun is awesome too! Very nice folks run the restaurant. Additionally, they have Mean Green jerseys, flags, signed/unsigned pictures (from current and past UNT athletes) and other memorabilia from various UNT sports hanging across the wall and ceiling.

Seconded.

I have lived in Denton since 1966 and never heard of the Central Grill. Where is it?

It is located in the shopping center on Avenue C (across the street from NY Sub). It is next door to Hooyah and the Rockin Rodeo. All Mean Green fans should check this place out. Lots of support for the Mean Green in the restaurant. Photos, signs, jersey's ect. Food is good too. Try the grilled chicken sandwich/club.

Gagree.

I moved to Denton in 2003 to get my master's and liked it here so much I never left. I like it here so much that I drive 80 miles a day to get to work, because I don't want to move away from here. I love going to the games on saturdays and supporting our Mean Green football team. But I have to be truthful, there are not many good places to eat in this town. The best food I've found in this town is my wife's. The next best are the Fajita's from La Azteca, but I still have to grill those. If you have some places I need to try please let me know.

Best place to eat before a game... my tailgating tent. :D

Brats, hot dogs, BBQ chicken, burgers, picnic salads, chips and dip, cold beer and margaritas. We got DirectTV, electric fans, the NT Battle Flag... what more do you need? Well, I suppose the super secret recipe for Mean Green Punch.

Although my brother co-owns the Pour House, so that will replace it as my stop when attending games, but even he knows those burger at Denton County are better

I love your brother for co-owning that place.

Sub hub GOAT

Well, I suppose the super secret recipe for Mean Green Punch.

I heard its the urine from drinking Mean Green punch...making it the only perpetually repeating recipie in the world.

Anyone who know me knows I'm obsessed with New York Sub...preferrably the one up on University that never changed its name, but I have no problems with going to the one on Avenue C. I also worked at Hooya for 3-4 years and will definently stop in there on most of my visits back.

Loophole is great...same with Cool Beans' and their chicken sandwhich. Central Grill isn't really my style, but what i have had there has been good, it just wouldn't top my list.

And you cannot go wrong with some El Guapos.