Top Ten Ncaa Football Logos ( Non- Bcs)

If this is a non-BCS list, what are the Fighting Irish doing on it?

While SMU was very successful in the 80s, it was the cheating that got them there. SMU does have a very iconic logo, much like the Dallas Cowboys star.

Guest GrayEagleOne

He needs to find another #2 because Notre Dame is BCS. Although an independent in football, they factor into the Big East's bowl representation due to their other sports being in that conference.

"I won’t argue that I’m biased, but I think I was fair by ranking my alma mater this far down the list."

Biased or not, we do have a good clean-looking logo. And yes, it does need to be on the helmet, aka like the Flying Worm was! I agree with several of his entries but am not much of a fan of the Boise cartoon horse, the knight, nor the fighting leprechaun.

I am a big fan of Notre Dame's and SMU's logo. Although my question is why do they have a Non-BCS edition??? Thats just a bit odd. A good logo is a good logo....its seems that they are saying that by default BCS schools just have better logos than Non-BCS schools. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

UNT at #7 :)

TOP TEN NCAA FOOTBALL LOGOS (NON BCS EDITION)

http://thelebsports.com/football/top-ten-c...-bcs-edition/48

Too bad it's nearly impossible to get stuff with "just" the logo on it. For some reason we also have to put the words North Texas everywhere with the logo. We don't even have it on the helmets. They sent me a car emblem and that looks more like a bumper sticker with the words North Texas and the logo. It's really bad branding.

Edited by MeanGreenHoops

He needs to find another #2 because Notre Dame is BCS. Although an independent in football, they factor into the Big East's bowl representation due to their other sports being in that conference.

Latest comment:

July 4th, 2008 at 9:38 am

Common misconception…

All FBS (formerly D-1A) schools are part of the BCS formula, and thus a BCS school. A "BCS conference" has become common nomenclature for the 6 conferences that receive an automatic bid and all the revenue that comes with those bowls. Unfortunately, the common fan has just mistakenly assumed this means that the non-automatic qualifiers are not BCS affiliated.

Notre Dame is not conference affiliated, but is the one independent afforded an automatic bid, which should tie them into the Big 6 for your criteria.

Hope that clarifies. Good premise for a post.