Cogswell Is First 2009 Ulm Commitment

GreenBat

The Warhawks have picked up the first member of the 2009 recruiting class when big defensive tackle Blake Cogswell gave his verbal commitment to be apart of the surging ULM program.

Cogswell, a 6'3 290 pound defensive nose tackle turned in one of the most impressive junior seasons you will ever see. He totaled 94 tackles, 34 for a loss, and had 23 sacks for the Eagles..

"SMU offered me this past week and I just got an offer from Northwestern State the other day but ULM is the place for me. I have a lot of former teammates and friends over at ULM", said Cogswell.

Blake's talents have also gained the interest of several big SEC schools. "A coach from Arkansas called me the other day and wants to get some film on me and Bo Davis at Alabama has been calling and talking to me. So how solid is Cogswell's commit to ULM? "It's real solid", said Blake. I've wanted to go to ULM all along, even before I started getting offers.

"Blake has a non stop motor and has great technique, he gets off the ball very well", said Evangel defensive coordinator Byron Dawson. Blake has to fight off the double team, take out the center, and plug both A gaps. I feel like he is the best 2 gap defensive nose tackle in the state of Louisiana. ULM is getting a great football player".

Blake said that ULM coach Bob Leahy recruited him and really liked the what he saw on film. What's not to like with an impressive 395 pound bench press and a 610 pound squat! Cogswell also moves very well for a big man posting forty times of 4.8 and 5.0 seconds.

As far as the rest of his summer, Blake says he stays pretty busy with his workouts and job. "I work a five day a week 10 hour shift and after that I work out and train for football".

So what else drew Blake's talents to ULM? "I want to get into the medical field of prosthesis and ULM has a top of the line program over there that I really like". Blake carries and impressive 3.3 GPA and scored a 19 the first time he took the ACT. He plans to retake the test later this summer.

Look for highlights of Blake in the near future from Warhawk Nation.

http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8...amp;nid=3775007

So what else drew Blake's talents to ULM? "I want to get into the medical field of prosthesis and ULM has a top of the line program over there that I really like". Blake carries and impressive 3.3 GPA and scored a 19 the first time he took the ACT. He plans to retake the test later this summer.

Looks like DISD isn't the only one changing grades.