Folks, if you want a "feel good" story in professional sports look no further than the Rangers' own Josh Hamilton. What a season he is having so far, and just look where he has come from in the last couple of years. Man, the guy was "TOAST", wasted, screwed up for sure, and then with BIG TIME help he comes out of it and is leading the AL in RBI's and HR's. WOW...almost too much to believe with this guy. My hat is off to him...and I wish him nothing but continued success in his career, but more imnportantly, in his recovery. Way to go Josh.....BUT....

The real hero here seems to be his wife. In my book she is a saint! Could have and should have thrown this "bum" out several times, but she kept hanging in there with him and doing all she could to get him straightened out. How many of us would have styed through all of that? I hope and pray that I would have done the same, but it has to be so very difficult. She gets my vote for professional athlete spouse of the year...maybe even the century.

Now, let's all just hope and pray that Josh can hang in there and stay with the recovery. It's tough to do over the long run. If his career hits the skids again, will he stay with the program? It's a bit easier "to do the right thing" (I suspose) when everything is going great, but it's when times are "tough" that a person's real character tends to show itself.

OK, now for a "soapbox" question that I have been pondering for many years...why is it that we tend to make recovering addicts (booze, drugs, etc.) into a type of hero and shower them with wonderful praises for "getting straight" when the folks who have not strayed, have not beat up their spouses in fits of narcotic rage, have not stolen to get the money to feed their habit, have not abandoned their families, have not wasted dollars upon dollars, etc. are ignored when it is time to "recognize" folks for jobs well done? I cannot ever remember seeing an article in the paper about some "regular Joe or Jane" who works hard, stays clean, supports their family, provides a great home for the kids, volunteers in the community, etc., etc. get honored for ANYTHING! That is, unless you have tons of money that you can spread around and you get named "family of the year" or something like that? Every seen a regular "Joe and Jane" family get written up as "family of the year"? Why is it that only rich families can be "families of the year"? OK, so that's a little off-topic...but, back to Josh Hamilton...more power to him, let's all pray that he stays sober and straight. Great ability...let's hope he continues to be great where it counts...AT HOME!

Yes, I know...It's pro baseball....so, of couse the guy has a background with drugs...don't they all???? OK, now do you feel better? :lol: It's not the sport, but the guy and his situation that makes it interesting...how about the rest of the post? Any thoughts on that?