Flip Saunders out as coach of Pistons

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Flip Saunders was fired as Detroit Pistons coach Tuesday, four days after his team was eliminated by the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals.

For More

I think Saunders is a really good coach. He did very well with Minnesota for a team that mainly only had Garnett and a few others. He took over a took a Detroit team that went to the finals 2 straight years but I thought they were somewhat declining just a enough to where they were not good enough to win the east. He will easily find a job elsewhere.

Avery Johnson is the front-runner for the job...

the Red Wings will outscore the Pistons next season

Will Billups get to call the plays? Will Avery take credit for Rasheed Wallace's game?

I thought I read they were hiring this guy:

hangin_with_cooper.jpg

And, Quoner...just why do "a lot of us" actually care about Flip Saunders????? It's Detroit for GOSH sakes!!!! So, clue me in...why do you care?

I honestly think you are just doing a bit at this point but I enjoy the debate with you.

I care because, as much as it frustrates me, I am an NBA fan. Therefore, when one of the top 5 or 6 teams fires a coach that will then impact the coaching searches of other good teams like Phoenix, I care.

Other people on this board care about the NBA too - some even more so. I don't make a point of taking a filthy steamer on your soccer threads, yet you never fail to show up in every pro sports discussion with some Old Man Hickory cliche that I enjoy going back and forth with you about in good fun.

I love you - but I don't get you.

Just fun to keep the thread going sometime. I loved the "Old Man Hickory" comment...too funny! :rolleyes:

Agreed - and glad you know that it is never personal. Can I call you OMH? (kidding)