What Do We All Want From Stadium Santa?

NT80

Let's get this stadium campaign party started.....

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1837.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1836.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1838.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1839.jpg

(P.S. - no price set yet, no date set yet, no funding announced yet, and this may not be the final design either; but it must be getting closer by having drawings, right?)

(P.S. - no price set yet, no date set yet, no funding announced yet, and this may not be the final design either; but it must be getting closer by having drawings, right?)

I guess by having drawings done (are these the official ones?) that mean to me we are closer than we were before these were done. When by the way, were these done - seems like I remember seeing something like this a few years ago.

Actually, NT80 is right. The design from the video was different - it had more green glass areas and the endzone section was different - this is a very different design.

Also - notice that the luxury boxes are up on the 3rd level - not right above a small 1st level - a design none of us liked, which is good if they go with this design.

Furthermore these are clearly not screenshots. They are pictures of a poster sized picture laying on a table of some sort.

So... is this it!?!? Is this the designs we paid 300K for? Sure looks like it.

Edited by Stan R

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives...adium-tidb.html

A few interesting stadium tidbits

7:53 PM Sat, May 17, 2008 | Permalink

Brett Vito

There are probably a lot of fans out there who have already seen the athletic department's promotional material soliciting donations for a new football stadium -- "Building Champions One Piece at a Time, The New Football Stadium."

But I thought it would be worth running through some of the highlights on the blog after we got a hold of a copy of the packet at the Denton Record-Chronicle.

The large color binder has everything one would expect, including a statement from the president and athletic director, a look back at some Mean Green history and a rundown of what UNT has accomplished in terms of improving its facilities over the last few years. It also points out why the university feels like it needs to build a football stadium as soon as possible.

What is particularly interesting are some of the details about the plans themselves. Here is what caught my attention:

-- The exterior of the stadium will include brick, glass and fabricated medal

-- The basic design will be a sunken horseshoe that will seat 30,000 and will be expandable to 50,000.

-- There will be a four-story tower on the west side that will include the press box and a club level

-- The plans include fan decks for private groups

Part of the pitch also includes the fact that the stadium could attract other events, including concerts and high school playoff games -- not to mention better nonconference opponents.

The fact that the stadium could host more than UNT football games appears as if it will be a key selling point to attract donors from beyond the athletic department, including those in the hotel and hospitality business who graduated from UNT.

Post your thoughts on the blog. When do you think the project will be finished?

Edited by NT80

Okay, I can play along. I see subtle differences in the stadium design. This one still looks eerily like the old video though.

And just to play more devil's advocate, how is this any different from where we were the first time around, except with 300,000 down the hole?

The video concept provided two years ago gave us the exact same feeling: "OMG WE'RE CLOSER".

I would love to not have to put more vodka in the Green Koolaid, except I still do not seen stadium money.

Okay, I can play along. I see subtle differences in the stadium design. This one still looks eerily like the old video though.

And just to play more devil's advocate, how is this any different from where we were the first time around, except with 300,000 down the hole?

The video concept provided two years ago gave us the exact same feeling: "OMG WE'RE CLOSER".

I would love to not have to put more vodka in the Green Koolaid, except I still do not seen stadium money.

Just drink more koolaid - it works....just keep drinking.

look at the uniforms in the pic...... it is old!!

No, these are not the architect's design. I saved these same pictures when somebody posted them about a year ago on gmg.com, and promptly took them down.

Again, except perhaps for the inside bar pic, the exterior pics are from a newer stadium design than those posted a year or two ago. Anyone still have the "old" new stadium design link?

Edited by NT80

Does anyone else remember the little video they played of our "New Stadium" during the ESPN broadcast of some game like 3 years ago. I think it was either Tulsa or Troy. The gullible college student that I was at the time got pretty damn pumped over the prospect of watching games there before I graduated.....

Again, except perhaps for the inside bar pic, the exterior pics are from a newer stadium design than those posted a year or two ago. Anyone still have the "old" new stadium design link?

Here are the pictures that I saved from the ones that were on the "Development" section of the athletics website from 2006. I just checked and the top picture is still on there! Click on Development > Village News > Future Facilities. The interrior club picture is also shown there.

untstadiumproject.jpg

untstadiumproject2.jpg

The differences are there if you look!

untstadiumproject.jpg

untstadiumproject2.jpg

The differences are there if you look!

Yes, that's it thanks. Those are the old stadium design pics which were featured on the video back then too. The interior club pic and suite pic are still used in the new brochure, but the exterior has now been changed. You'll notice the old design, which most didn't like, included a small lower seating level then two suite/pressbox rows, with the majority of the seating in large upper decks further away from the field. The new exterior design endzone pic is now different too, and much better I believe.

http://www.meangreensports.com/PhotoAlbum....amp;PALBID=5499

Edited by NT80

Again, I assure you, these are pictures that have been posted previously, and thus not the architect's drawings. I was off on the date, but I downloaded these exact same pictures on to my computer on Oct. 15, 2007.

Again, I assure you, these are pictures that have been posted previously, and thus not the architect's drawings. I was off on the date, but I downloaded these exact same pictures on to my computer on Oct. 15, 2007.

So where are the new drawings? Surely someone can walk over to the football ofices and get a copy of them to post.

These pics?:

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1837.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1836.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1839.jpg

Humm. The first time I ever saw one of these new pics was just the first one on a GMG thread in a post from MG61 in Feb 2008. I PM'd him where he got it but no response. The others along with it are all in the new campaign brochure. Someone mentioned these were in the AD's suite during a football game last season so they could have been available as you said last fall. I knew they were different from the previous drawings (as GreenBlooded1 pasted above) when I saw the exterior. Some of the interior shots are the same as before. I noted also F&S Partners are on the lower right corner of one of the new pics. Isn't the new architect HKS or something like that? Perhaps these "newer" drawings are what the athletic department now desires over the old design and the architect will make formal working/engineering plans now based on those?? :blink:

Edited by NT80

Yessir. They were posted on the recruiting forum for about 2 hours, and then taken down. Apparently they were pretty top secret at the time.

Yessir. They were posted on the recruiting forum for about 2 hours, and then taken down. Apparently they were pretty top secret at the time.

Too top secret for the top secret recruiting forum!?!?! Should I have even looked at these just now? I don't want to have to go back into hiding.