Apr Penalties---for Failing 3 And 4 Years

SUMG

According to the most recent Sporting News....if a school gets a failing APR score, for three years in a row....the school is banned from postseason play.

If you fail four years in a row....you can't compete in Division I Athletics.

Now, we hear that because of the four year average on which the APR is based...that it may take a while to get us to 925 or above.

I really think this is crap. I see no way that some of those schools (both big and small) who have scores in the 800s....are going to not fail for three years in a row...or more......UNLESS THEY CHEAT.

I think it's time that we and other schools....get lawyered up. Can you imagine not being able to go to the NO Bowl...in 2010, because we failed this damn APR for three years?

So if our football team fails three years in a row, our Golf team can't play in the SBC tourney?

No.....the penalty only applies to the failing sport.

And, I'm not sure if it would prevent teams from going to conference tournaments. But, if you're forbid from going to the NCAA tournament...what would be the point of going to the conference tournaments?