Richie Sexson's A "dead Man"

If I'm the Rangers...that tall goon better be ducking every time he steps into the batter's box...next week when we play the Mariners again. I have never seen a batter get so mad over a pitch....that was so far from hitting him. The pitch missed that him by a foot.

Here's the brawl video. About 3 minutes into it...they show the pitch that started all the brouhaha:

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives...rawl-video.html

If I'm the Rangers...that tall goon better be ducking every time he steps into the batter's box...next week when we play the Mariners again. I have never seen a batter get so mad over a pitch....that was so far from hitting him. The pitch missed that him by a foot.

Here's the brawl video. About 3 minutes into it...they show the pitch that started all the brouhaha:

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives...rawl-video.html

Padilla pitches when they come to town next Monday.

Should be fun...

Padilla pitches when they come to town next Monday.

Should be fun...

The only thing that can screw things up...is if Sexson gets suspended for several games...which I think is likely. Anyway, they may sit him during that series...if that ends up happening.

Stupid is as stupid does! :lol: It's major league baseball...it was probably boring even the players so the guy decided to see if some "action" might pick things up! :lol: O.K., I am just kidding. I couldn't herlp myelf. It was right there for the taking! :blowup:

The only thing that can screw things up...is if Sexson gets suspended for several games...which I think is likely. Anyway, they may sit him during that series...if that ends up happening.

True - I am banking on the fact that he is a douche and will appeal.

I also have no idea how this club has won 4 straight series and just completed a 5-2 road trip. This means we are due for a 1-5 homestand.

Stupid is as stupid does! :lol: It's major league baseball...it was probably boring even the players so the guy decided to see if some "action" might pick things up! :lol: O.K., I am just kidding. I couldn't herlp myelf. It was right there for the taking! :blowup:

This coming from a man who likes soccer????? The only thing ever good about soccer was Brandi Chastain taking her top off. And even that, since she's flat...wasn't that great.

:D

I also have no idea how this club has won 4 straight series and just completed a 5-2 road trip. This means we are due for a 1-5 homestand.

Man I hope not. I'd like to see the Rangers and the Astros be competitive this year.

And that was the faggiest punch I've seen in a long time. Especially for a guy that big. He might as well have limp-wristedly slapped at him.

You called it, Quoner.

SEATTLE (AP)—Seattle slugger Richie Sexson was suspended for six games and fined Friday by Major League Baseball after charging the mound and throwing his helmet at a Texas pitcher the previous night.

Bob Watson, baseball’s vice president in charge of discipline, cited Sexson for “violent and aggressive actions.”

Sexson asked the players’ association to appeal, and any suspension will be delayed until after a hearing.

Sexson was in the Mariners’ posted starting lineup at first base and batting sixth for Friday night’s game against the Chicago White Sox. He declined to comment on the penalties, citing advice from the players’ union.

Seattle’s Felix Hernandez and Texas’ Gerald Laird and Sidney Ponson also were fined.

Sexson charged the mound and flung his helmet at Rangers pitcher Kason Gabbard after the left-hander threw an eye-high pitch to him in the fourth inning of Seattle’s 5-0 loss. While benches cleared, no punches were thrown. Sexson was ejected.

Tensions began to build in the top half when Hernandez hit Ian Kinsler, who had homered in the second, in the back with a fastball. Kinsler turned toward Hernandez, who put his arms out then stared at Kinsler as the second baseman walked to first.

When benches cleared, Hernandez was restrained by three players, including former Mariners closer Eddie Guardado, now with Texas.

Man I hope not. I'd like to see the Rangers and the Astros be competitive this year.

And that was the faggiest punch I've seen in a long time. Especially for a guy that big. He might as well have limp-wristedly slapped at him.

Its competitive every year, but the Astros are hot right now.

Its competitive every year, but the Astros are hot right now.

Both teams are in a good groove right now (even though the makeshift rotation finally blew up yesterday.) I cannot believe the Rangers just allowed 18 runs in 9 games and have the best record in baseball over the past two-and-a-half weeks with 5 straight series wins. I truly think the world is ending. The Astros have finally come out from under letting Roger Clemens hold their entire roster hostage for a few years and are 1000 times more likable without him and right there with the Cardinals and Cubs.

This year could be the most intense Silver Boot yet (excluding 2004)

Rangers: 4 boots

Astros: 3 boots

Astros are 22-20 against the Rangers all time.

Both teams are in a good groove right now (even though the makeshift rotation finally blew up yesterday.) I cannot believe the Rangers just allowed 18 runs in 9 games and have the best record in baseball over the past two-and-a-half weeks with 5 straight series wins. I truly think the world is ending. The Astros have finally come out from under letting Roger Clemens hold their entire roster hostage for a few years and are 1000 times more likable without him and right there with the Cardinals and Cubs.

This year could be the most intense Silver Boot yet (excluding 2004)

Rangers: 4 boots

Astros: 3 boots

Astros are 22-20 against the Rangers all time.

Damn it people - there's a boot at stake here! A real, live boot - made of real silver. And here the Rangers sit, one game away from keeping this boot where it belongs.

Interleague play rules.

Damn it people - there's a boot at stake here! A real, live boot - made of real silver. And here the Rangers sit, one game away from keeping this boot where it belongs.

Interleague play rules.

ha.

Losing Roy O on Saturday really hurt... not quite as much as getting teed-the-F-off on during Friday's game, but tough to stomach all the same!

Glad to see Valverde grind one out yesterday. Hoping we can sweep them here at Minute Maid. Wouldn't it be something if both teams were in the playoffs this year? Ahhhh so early, but I can dream...

ha.

Losing Roy O on Saturday really hurt... not quite as much as getting teed-the-F-off on during Friday's game, but tough to stomach all the same!

Glad to see Valverde grind one out yesterday. Hoping we can sweep them here at Minute Maid. Wouldn't it be something if both teams were in the playoffs this year? Ahhhh so early, but I can dream...

I spent the last week in New England but enjoyed telling Yankees fans that both Texas teams had better records and better futures as they had no real response.

I bet we are headed towards another 3-3 split with the Rangers scoring the most runs. Tom Hicks will then wear the boot around all summer and polish it to match his Stanley Cup(s?).