Jmison Morgan Asks For Release From Lsu..one School?

Only if UCLA is some weird way of spelling the name of the state that sits on top of Oklahoma.

Just posting what the rivals article says. Here it is.

So is he going to be an LSU Tiger or isn't he?

There appears to be some miscommunication in Morgan's inner circle

The saga continues for South Oak Cliff center J'Mison Morgan.

The Rivals.com five-star center has signed a National Letter of Intent to play basketball for the LSU Tigers and after discussions with the new LSU Men's Basketball coaching staff reaffirmed his commitment to the Tigers late last month.

Now according to his AAU coach Jazzy Hartwell, Morgan has changed his mind and will ask for a release from his letter and rumors having himheading to UCLA.

However, Morgan's prep coach James Mays has another view on the matter and believes that Morgan still will be in the purple and gold. Sources close to the LSU Athletic Department have also said that they still expect Morgan to be a member of the LSU Men's Basketball team for the upcoming season as well.

"The last thing I heard and this was last week was that he (Morgan) was coming to LSU," Mays told TigerBait.com. "He was satisfied with what he had heard (from the coaching staff) and he was comfortable."

Mays has not spoken to Morgan since last week.

"As soon as I get a hold of him (Morgan) I am going to tell him to make a statement one way or another," Mays said.

Stay tuned to TigerBait.com for the most up-to-date news on the Morgan situation.

Edited by emmitt01

Morgan freed from LSU commitment, may play at UCLA just to prove Adler wrong

Sources told FOXSports.com that new LSU coach Trent Johnson plans to honor signee J'Mison Morgan's request and will release the senior big man from his letter-of-intent on Tuesday afternoon, effectively paving the way for Morgan to land at UCLA.

The 6-foot-10, 270-pound Morgan signed with former LSU coach John Brady and appeared to stick with his decision even after Trent Johnson was announced as the Tigers new coach on April 10. However, the family had a change of heart last week and asked for his release.

According to sources, Morgan has made no secret of his desire to play at UCLA.

Morgan, a Dallas native, is ranked the No. 29 player in the country by Scout.com and would fill a major need for UCLA. Bruins freshman big man Kevin Love declared and Ben Howland doesn't have a legitimate low-post presence.

Latest new is that he has obtained his release from LSU...but it sounds like he wants to go UCLA and NT doesn't have a ship left unless we create one .

Morgan freed from LSU commitment, may play at UCLA just to prove Adler wrong

Sources told FOXSports.com that new LSU coach Trent Johnson plans to honor signee J'Mison Morgan's request and will release the senior big man from his letter-of-intent on Tuesday afternoon, effectively paving the way for Morgan to land at UCLA.

The 6-foot-10, 270-pound Morgan signed with former LSU coach John Brady and appeared to stick with his decision even after Trent Johnson was announced as the Tigers new coach on April 10. However, the family had a change of heart last week and asked for his release.

According to sources, Morgan has made no secret of his desire to play at UCLA.

Morgan, a Dallas native, is ranked the No. 29 player in the country by Scout.com and would fill a major need for UCLA. Bruins freshman big man Kevin Love declared and Ben Howland doesn't have a legitimate low-post presence.

Latest new is that he has obtained his release from LSU...but it sounds like he wants to go UCLA and NT doesn't have a ship left unless we create one .

I wasn't speculating that he was coming to North Texas, merely making light of Emmitt's correct prediction that Morgan would go to UCLA when I thought he would be Kansas bound.

UCLA looks like J'Mison Morgan's new destination

Harry Cabluck / Associated Press

His mother says she's '99% sure' former Louisiana State recruit will play for the Bruins. The 6-foot-11 center had signed with the Tigers but reconsidered.

By Diane Pucin, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

May 14, 2008

UCLA is "99%" of the way to replacing Kevin Love with another highly regarded center.

That's the likelihood that J'Mison "Bobo" Morgan, a 6-foot-11 high school star from Dallas, will play for the Bruins next season, his mother, Bianca, said Tuesday.

99% chance? I guess that still leaves Kansas a .999% chance and North Texas a .001% chance.

Edited by ADLER

I wasn't speculating that he was coming to North Texas, merely making light of Emmitt's correct prediction that Morgan would go to UCLA when I thought he would be Kansas bound.

99% chance? I guess that still leaves Kansas a .999% chance and North Texas a .001% chance.

Maybe the thing I love most about UNT basketball fans is their optimism

• 2 weeks later...