Untfootball.net Vs. Rjy

Boomer23

After closely looking at pictures from different games and comparing them from untfootball.net and rjy.com I do not believe they used Rick Yeatts phots.

The angles in the photos are slightly different. Looks like the untfootball.net photographer may have been near Yeatts at times, but I don't beleive the images are the same.

Key examples at the Navy, look closely at the fly by. The backgrounds are different and the jets are at different angles. Also compare Todd Dodge standing in front of the Helmet. He is looking in different directions.

I'm not out to piss anyone off, Just wanted to point this out because it seemed the other threads were closed to soon for anyone to say anything.

I think some of the pictures are moorelands and some are from rjy. I dont think they were lifted though. He probably had permision to use them.

Photographers of the world must unite for the sake of the mean green nation.

I think some of the pictures are moorelands and some are from rjy. I dont think they were lifted though. He probably had permision to use them.

Photographers of the world must unite for the sake of the mean green nation.

You would be surprised. I've had actual newspapers steal my photos before.

I've sent an email to Rick, if he gave permission, I'll unlock the threads.

After closely looking at pictures from different games and comparing them from untfootball.net and rjy.com I do not believe they used Rick Yeatts phots.

I know 100% some of them are. I just want to make sure they are used with permission. I've contacted Rick.

I know 100% some of them are. I just want to make sure they are used with permission. I've contacted Rick.

i think most of the onfield action photos are but, not the pics of fans etc.

Guest GrayEagleOne

One comment which has nothing to do with the possible infringement of the use of another's photos but only regarding who is in the photograph. I believe that the person scoring the touchdown against Navy and giving the V for Victory sign is Brandon Jackson (49), not Sam Dibrell (19).

One comment which has nothing to do with the possible infringement of the use of another's photos but only regarding who is in the photograph. I believe that the person scoring the touchdown against Navy and giving the V for Victory sign is Brandon Jackson (49), not Sam Dibrell (19).

Dibrell got the penalty

Couldn't the pictures be used as long as the owner/photographer was given credit?

Yes they could. I have no indication (yet) that they were.

I've given permission for my photos be used for banners, flyers, etc... but if one of my photos is used without permission the infringer is getting a bill.

Please remember that images are copyrighted as soon as they are taken and shouldn't be used without permission.

Such a weird concept that photos of the general public are somehow "owned" by the photographer.... It seems wrong that someone can take photos of the public without their permission or paying them and then claim financial and other rights to them...

Edited by chrisfisher

Such a weird concept that photos of the general public are somehow "owned" by the photographer.... It seems wrong that someone can take photos of the public without their permission or paying them and then claim financial and other rights to them...

That's why wedding photographers should be free!

/Turns up computer speakers, rocks out to bootlegged Metallica

Edited by Quoner

I'm just glad that we as a message board can claim responsbility for the other non-profit website losing some if not a majority of the pictures they were offering for the enjoyment of Mean Green fans. We definitely don't want too many ways for fans to have access to North Texas media. Let's try and keep it to the 2 or 3 websites that are obviously approved by this board.

Of course photos taken are the property of the photographer. To use them without permission is just as wrong as using a source in your research paper without citation. You are taking credit for another's work.

Of course photos taken are the property of the photographer. To use them without permission is just as wrong as using a source in your research paper without citation. You are taking credit for another's work.

See my previous comment.

So give credit where credit is due and just move on...

It seems ashame to me to not let them use them if Rick is given credit as the actual photographer... maybe even a link to his website on the untfootball.net site. Seems like free advertising for Rick and offers improved images for what is a pretty nice site. -- This should be a win-win.

But then who am I to say anything. <_<

makes complete sense....maybe that's why it's not the rule!

wow only during the offseason

:D You know I'm bored when I discuss copyrights in a football forum..... Please, football season... hurry up.....

Edited by chrisfisher

So none of you sumbitches better use my registered helmet as an avatar! They'll be hell to pay! <_<

goofyeaglehelmet2-1.jpg

Honest to goodness, I love this board. I'll be reading along on a serious, somewhat tense or volatile post and then somebody comes up with a comment that is funny and I bust a gut laughing!! Gotta love it! Oh you know, I hope this one is meant to be funny!!! :P

Edited by GreenExes

Here is a blanket statement, any of my aerial oblique photos and any others photos I may post can be used by any of the members of this board without my notice as long as it is not for profit or commercial use. Otherwise just ask.

Enjoy yourselves.