Walk-on Lb Robbie Deheck

island eagle

Walk-on linebacker Robbie Deheck, 6-1 219 4.7 was a unanimous pick as all-district LB (4A-6) in 2006. His junior year in high school (2005) he had 100 tackles at the LB position. I don't have his senior season stats. 2006 Texas Football described him this way: "LB Deheck (100 tackles) is a playmaker with a nose for the ball and a great leader on defense".

I also don't know where he spent last year, but he sounds like a pretty good walk-on for us at the LB position.

Walk-on linebacker Robbie Deheck, 6-1 219 4.7 was a unanimous pick as all-district LB (4A-6) in 2006. His junior year in high school (2005) he had 100 tackles at the LB position. I don't have his senior season stats. 2006 Texas Football described him this way: "LB Deheck (100 tackles) is a playmaker with a nose for the ball and a great leader on defense".

I also don't know where he spent last year, but he sounds like a pretty good walk-on for us at the LB position.

All-district in 06 and he has to walk-on? Most guys with those kind of skins get full ride offers from Division-IAA programs, and some Division-IA schools? I wonder if he had an injury or some other academic issues? At 6-1, 219 lbs he has the right size and speed to play strong safety... kinda like we did with Cliff Higgs?

Gotta be a "now you know the rest of the story" kinda thing going on here? Where's Paul Harvey when we need him...???

GMG!!!

Edited by medpilot21

Robbie is a great kid and an outstanding student. He was in one of my wife's classes when she was still teaching at Azle High School. He will help the academics, character, and graduation rate for our football team. I hope he can get some playing time. He is one of the kids that you root for and hope he can find a spot on special teams or as a linebacker. I am not sure why he was not recruited after his senior year but Azle High School has very few kids who sign with Division I or Division I-AA schools. In our 35 years here only one kid signed with a Division I school - several years ago with Texas Tech. Robbie has the frame to put on several more pounds and not lose any speed. Let's hope he can be successful. We could sure use another good linebacker or two.

Here is what I could find on Deheck

All-district 7-4A 2005 & 06 First team

Academic all-state 2006 2nd team

2006 All Region 1 TexasHSFootball.com