Info On Walk Ons

GreenBat

16--Johnson, Eric; QB, 6-2, 217, Jr., Plano, TX (Texas State Univ.)

Transfered from Texas State after one year at SMU, where he signed out of Plano West. His senior year at West he completed 54 percent of his passes for

2,887 yards and 25 TD's. He added 6 more TD's on the ground with 258 yards on 90 carries.

20--Flowers, Justin; DB, 5-9, 165, Fr., Duncanville, TX (Duncanville HS)

2 year lettermen at Duncanville

21--Squier, Weston; RB, 5-8, 160, Fr., Sanger, TX (Sanger HS)

Had 69 carries for 536 yards and 4 TDs his senior season.

23--Jackson, Jamel; WR, 5-9, 165, Jr., Killeen, TX (Northwestern State)

Ran track at Northwestern State. Personal Bests: 100 Meter Dash - 10.87, 200 Meter Dash - 21.64, 60 Meter Dash - 6.93

Used mostly as a return man rather at Northwestern State. He had 10 punt returns for 107 yards with a long of 24

He also had 7 tackles, 5 unassisted.

24--Brown, Jake; DB, 6-0, 200, Jr., Ennis, TX (Texas Tech)

Played QB at Ennis where his senior year he was 198-313-10 for 2,620 and 28 TDs. Had 106 carries for 532 yards and 9 TDs.

Junior year as Graham Harrell's back up 4-6-0 for 78 yards with 1 TD. 5 carries for 38 yards. Brown walked on at Texas Tech as a QB/WR.

He QB'd Ennis to the Class 4A Division I state title his senior season. He transfered to Texas State, but never played.

26--Adeboyejo, Tobi; DB, 5-8, 170, Fr., Cedar Hill, TX (Cedar Hill HS)

Played SS on the 2006 State Champion Cedar Hill team. Had 8 tackles, 3 solo, 1 fumble rec. Also was a 2-year lettermen in soccer

27--Lott, Alex; WR, 5-9, 175, So., Plano, TX (Plano HS)

Son of former Oklahoma QB Thomas Lott, Jr. Older brother Thomas Lott III played at Rice. Younger brother Kris is a star at Plano Senior High. Played at

Texas Lutheran his freshman season. Senior year at Plano Senior High caught 46 passes for 817 yards with 9 TDs. Junior year he had 18 catches for 221 yards

with 2 TDs.

30--Neal, Donte; DB, 5-11, 195, Fr., Arlington, TX (Missouri)

Ranked by Super Prep as the nation's No. 81 safety prospect coming out of the 2007 recruiting class ... Will be joined at Mizzou by Seguin teammate Kendall Irving ... Was a 1st-Team All-District pick each of his last 2 years ... Registered 88 tackles as a senior in 2006, with 8 TFLs and 5 QB sacks, while notching 73 tackles, 3 TFLs and 1 QB sack during his junior campaign of 2005, when he helped guide his team to a 4th-place finish in the state playoffs ... Added 35 tackles as a sophomore and grabbed 3 INTs on the year ... Also starred in track at Seguin, where he holds the school record in the long jump, at 23 feet, 5 inches ... High school coach - Ricky Albus ... Chose Mizzou over Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Kansas State and Kansas, among others ... Parents - Danny Neal & Naomi Timberlake.

38--Miller, Emanuel; RB, 5-8, 192, Fr., Waco, TX (Lake Highlands HS)

Did not play his senior year. As a Junior had 18 carries for 116 yards, 1 TD. 2 catches for 18 yards.

45--Ekwerekwu, John; RB, 5-11, 208, So., Carrollton, TX (R.L. Turner HS)

Senior season had 225 yards and 1 TD on 46 carries.

47--Lamb, Brendan; DB, 6-0, 195, Fr., Keller, Texas, (Fossil Ridge HS)

Had an 80 yard int for a TD as a senior against Boswell.

49--Hamilton, Alex; DB, 6-1, 181, Fr., Rockwall, TX (Rockwall HS)

As a senior he earned 2nd team All-District 10-5A as a linebacker.

50--Frazier, Cole; LB, 6-0, 205, Fr., Denton, TX (Red Oak HS)

51--Deheck, Robbie; LB, 6-2, 219, Fr., Azle, TX (Azle HS)

69--Petty, Brett; OL, 6-4, 270, Jr., Saginaw, TX (Southern Virginia)

Played tight end at Southern Virginia in 8 games in 2006 season he had 20 catches for 328 yards, a 16.4 avg. with 4 TDs.

74--Crumes, Jack; OL, 6-4, 266, Jr., Houston, TX (Eisenhower HS)

78--Kubula, Tyler; DT, 6-1, 240, Fr., Tulsa, OK (Metro Christian)

84--Brown, Greg; WR, 6-0, 182, Fr., Grand Prairie, TX (Grand Prairie HS)

All-District first team 7-5A his senior year, had 16 receptions for 310 yards with 2 TDs. Also had 1 carry for 13 yards.

As a junior had two receptions for 27 yards with 1 TD.

89--Lockhart, Bryan; WR, 6-2, 195, Jr., Carrollton, TX (Tyler JC)

30--Neal, Donte; DB, 5-11, 195, Fr., Arlington, TX (Missouri)

Ranked by Super Prep as the nation's No. 81 safety prospect coming out of the 2007 recruiting class ... Will be joined at Mizzou by Seguin teammate Kendall Irving ... Was a 1st-Team All-District pick each of his last 2 years ... Registered 88 tackles as a senior in 2006, with 8 TFLs and 5 QB sacks, while notching 73 tackles, 3 TFLs and 1 QB sack during his junior campaign of 2005, when he helped guide his team to a 4th-place finish in the state playoffs ... Added 35 tackles as a sophomore and grabbed 3 INTs on the year ... Also starred in track at Seguin, where he holds the school record in the long jump, at 23 feet, 5 inches ... High school coach - Ricky Albus ... Chose Mizzou over Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Kansas State and Kansas, among others ... Parents - Danny Neal & Naomi Timberlake.

Whats the story on this kid coming here as a walkon from mizzou?

Whats the story on this kid coming here as a walkon from mizzu?

I'd like to know , seems like we got a f 'n steal if he's a walk on. Scout.com had him rated as the 96th best recruit in the state in 06. Gave an early verbal to Wisconsin , then later switched to Mizzu. His high school teammate from Seguin , WR Kendall Irving , also committed to the Tigers and also has left the team. All I could gather from the Mizzu board is that Neal left the team under good terms , unlike Irving who apparently was kicked off or something of that nature

I'd guess since he came to UNT he was homesick. If he was leaving because he just didn't like the situation in Mizzu , he could have went to several other schools.

I have yet to find any stats from his Frosh year , so if he was a redshirt freshman does he still have to sit out a year ? I'm not sure on the twisted NCAA rules , but I would like to think if he did not play a down , he would be eligible this year.

This kid could be a future starter

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=2557056

Edited by NT03

I'd like to know , seems like we got a f 'n steal if he's a walk on. Scout.com had him rated as the 96th best recruit in the state in 06. Gave an early verbal to Wisconsin , then later switched to Mizzu. His high school teammate from Seguin , WR Kendall Irving , also committed to the Tigers and also has left the team. All I could gather from the Mizzu board is that Neal left the team under good terms , unlike Irving who apparently was kicked off or something of that nature

I'd guess since he came to UNT he was homesick. If he was leaving because he just didn't like the situation in Mizzu , he could have went to several other schools.

I have yet to find any stats from his Frosh year , so if he was a redshirt freshman does he still have to sit out a year ? I'm not sure on the twisted NCAA rules , but I would like to think if he did not play a down , he would be eligible this year.

This kid could be a future starter

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=2557056

He will still have to sit out a year but he will still have 3 years of eligibility left starting with the 2009 season. Donte does have the potential to be an outstanding football player; great speed and a solid tackler.

He will still have to sit out a year but he will still have 3 years of eligibility left starting with the 2009 season. Donte does have the potential to be an outstanding football player; great speed and a solid tackler.

I do like the speed scout has him at 4.45 and rivals at 4.42.

ESPNs profile

Neal is a solid all-around football player. He may not dazzle you in any one area, but he is tough, competitive and has a nose for the ball. He has adequate size and plays big versus the run. He is at his best in a rover role where he can use his instincts, diagnose and react to what he sees. He does a nice job in pursuit, takes good angles and fills the lane hard. He is not afraid to throw his body around. He shows adequate change-of-direction skills, has decent feet and has good range in coverage, but is at his best in zone when keeping the ball in front of him. Uses good technique and rarely is out of position. Plays smart and seems to know his limitations in pass coverage. He probably lacks the speed and ideal quickness to handle a ton of man coverage work, but in the right role is adequate. Tough to evaluate ball skills. He has the mentality of an excellent cover teams player. Overall, Neal finds a way to get it done. Other players may have more talent, but he has a feel for the game.

Guest GrayEagleOne

If we were under the old Dickey regime, I see three or four that appear talented enough to make the squad. However, with the great influx of talent the last two years, IMO only Donte Neal makes the squad and gets a scholarship.

Lott could play for someone but he is competing in the deepest pool of talent. Jake Brown seems to be a good athlete but I don't think that he's better than the ones currently on scholarship at defensive back. Greg Brown could be a clone of Casey Fitzgerald so I hate to rush to judgment but again, he is competing against the same talent pool as Lott. The same is true for Jamel Jackson. He might make it as a return man but Royce Hill and John Shorter (and maybe others) are noted as good return men. Two other long shots might be the two linemen. However, it appears that Petty didn't play at all last year and Crumes has tried it here before without success. Plus, there will be some fall preferred walkons contending for a spot on the squad.

What about the Offensive Lineman from Aledo who had a story on Ch. 8 News about him? Is he a fall walk-on?

He doesn't graduate until after the current spring semester. In effect he is open game at this point until he enrolls at NT next fall or this summer. At this point he will be a walk-on...I would assume based on his complete recovery and ability he would get a ship spring 2009 and participate in next years spring training with 4 years elgibility.

He doesn't graduate until after the current spring semester. In effect he is open game at this point until he enrolls at NT next fall or this summer. At this point he will be a walk-on...I would assume based on his complete recovery and ability he would get a ship spring 2009 and participate in next years spring training with 4 years elgibility.

Plus he's still rehabing his knee as well. If this kid comes back as he has promised he very well could be the gift of the class. He already played with a nasty attitude and now he's pissed off and wants to prove himself. I say, welcome aboard dude. He will have one of the meanest, nastiest OL coaches to assist him with his return mission.

RIck

21--Squier, Weston; RB, 5-8, 160, Fr., Sanger, TX (Sanger HS)

Had 69 carries for 536 yards and 4 TDs his senior season.

38--Miller, Emanuel; RB, 5-8, 192, Fr., Waco, TX (Lake Highlands HS)

Did not play his senior year. As a Junior had 18 carries for 116 yards, 1 TD. 2 catches for 18 yards.

If these guys have gotten an invite, then I'm assuming that Joshua Moldonado (who at one time was outplaying Evan Roberson in the spring of 06) is too injured to continue as a walk-on.

30 Baine, Chase DB 6-0 201 Fr. Lake Dallas, TX (Lake Dallas HS)

Played quarterback, wide receiver, defensive back and outside linebacker at Lake Dallas. Had 1,688 yards rusing with 12 TDs passing and 1,331 yards rushing with 13 TDs in senior season. Lead Falcons to an 11-2 record. Junior season passed for 1,471 yards and 5 TDs. Rushed for 694 yards and 8 TDs. Averaged 6 yards a carry his sophomore series in limited action. Completed his

only pass attempt. Had 12 catches for 117 yards. Also lettered three years in baseball.