Mean Green Vs. Ull

chrisfisher

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PATHETIC!!! No excuse for terrible free throw shooting like that. There is no way you can win when your Sr point guard goes 0-6 from the line and your senior forward scores 2pts and cant stay on the floor because he has 4 fouls in less than 10 minutes on the floor. Hell if we shoot 50% from the line we might win. Also when your top 2 scorers can't even get into to double digits doesn't help either. If we play anything like this in Mobile, we are going to be heading home really early. We played really terrible tonight considering we had a chance to stay in the hunt for division championship. Good teams do not perform like we did tonight in a critical conference game.

Terrible, terrible loss, very upseting..........

Then I'd say we must be horrible.

Not horrible, but very average at this point. ULL has beat us twice so I guess they are also playing at least average. They played a slow down game and really made NT look bad. When every guard other than McCoy plays very sub-par, you are in for a long night. Do you think all this talk of newcomer and freshman of the year talk may had a very negative effect. There is always hope, I haven't canceled my Mobile plans yet; but if they play like this in New Orleans, I may reconsider.

PATHETIC!!! No excuse for terrible free throw shooting like that. There is no way you can win when your Sr point guard goes 0-6 from the line and your senior forward scores 2pts and cant stay on the floor because he has 4 fouls in less than 10 minutes on the floor. Hell if we shoot 50% from the line we might win. Also when your top 2 scorers can't even get into to double digits doesn't help either. If we play anything like this in Mobile, we are going to be heading home really early. We played really terrible tonight considering we had a chance to stay in the hunt for division championship. Good teams do not perform like we did tonight in a critical conference game.

Terrible, terrible loss, very upseting..........

If NT continues to play like this, there will be no Mobile.

Not horrible, but very average at this point. ULL has beat us twice so I guess they are also playing at least average. They played a slow down game and really made NT look bad. When every guard other than McCoy plays very sub-par, you are in for a long night. Do you think all this talk of newcomer and freshman of the year talk may had a very negative effect. There is always hope, I haven't canceled my Mobile plans yet; but if they play like this in New Orleans, I may reconsider.

We split with ULL. Other than last year we've never had much luck playing them on the road. The Cajun Dome has been a house of horrors for us thru the years.

We split with ULL. Other than last year we've never had much luck playing them on the road. The Cajun Dome has been a house of horrors for us thru the years.

You are right, NT did split. In fact, I thought ULL looked much better in the game in Denton, even though they lost, then they did tonight. They made some wild shots in the first half and managed to hit most of their free throws tonight and that was enough to beat a woeful playing NT.

correct me if i'm wrong, but if we do happen to drop one at New Orleans, won't:

Troy, Denver, Arkansas State, FIU and UL-Monroe STILL be behind us?

Thus, UNT going into the first round no lower than the 8th seed?

with 1-3 getting first round byes and 4-8 hosting first round games.

I believe so. It might be best to be the 7 seed....we'd play UALR(or ULL) in the Quarterfinals and not USA(as the 8) or WKU(as the 6). So 5 or 7 is the way to go...not 6.

Edited by CMJ

I know this won't be a popular statement right now but They stayed in it despite the bad play, that is what's so frustrating to me, the potential this team has and never fully reaching it. lets back off the loser talk guys, I know it's not all of you. So we didn't win the division. I still hold hope for this team to do something special in the tourney. Lets support them. They have given us some exciting moments and some not so great ones but lets see what they do.

Edited by filmerj

I believe so. It might be best to be the 7 seed....we'd play UALR(or ULL) in the Quarterfinals and not USA(as the 8) or WKU(as the 6). So 5 or 7 is the way to go...not 6.

I really believe we have a MUCH better shot beating ULL or UALR in the Quarterfinals.

We'd be able to get some good revenge on the 2-point loss in Little Rock and a 5-point loss @ ULL at a neutral site.

I think I'm rooting for ULL to win the West now.

I really believe we have a MUCH better shot beating ULL or UALR in the Quarterfinals.

We'd be able to get some good revenge on the 2-point loss in Little Rock and a 5-point loss @ ULL at a neutral site.

I think I'm rooting for ULL to win the West now.

No question in my mind we could beat both on a nuetral court. None.

I know this won't be a popular statement right now but They stayed in it despite the bad play, that is what's so frustrating to me, the potential this team has and never fully reaching it. lets back off the loser talk guys, I know it's not all of you. So we didn't win the division. I still hold hope for this team to do something special in the tourney. Lets support them. They have given us some exciting moments and some not so great ones but lets see what they do.

I'm with you filmerj... I was very disappointed too... but we couldn't have played any worse against a team tied for first and were still in the game until the final seconds.... this is an ugly set back, mostly due to extremely poor free throw shooting, but the season isn't over just yet....I really hope we get one more home game since we can't win the West....

Edited by chrisfisher

I'm with you filmerj... I was very disappointed too... but we couldn't have played any worse against a team tied for first and were still in the game until the final seconds.... this is an ugly set back, mostly due to extremely poor free throw shooting, but the season isn't over just yet....I really hope we get one more home game since we can't win the West....

That's what I'm thinking. It's not over, and these guys are good enough to rack them up in the rest of the tourney. ULL is super-hostile territory, even if their guys got lax at the last portion of the game.

Thought I saw on one of the Cajun sites that you guys were something like 1-9 at the Cajundome. I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see the score after getting in late last night. With the addition of our "big guys" next year to go along with all the young guards/wings we should be improved.

Thought I saw on one of the Cajun sites that you guys were something like 1-9 at the Cajundome. I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see the score after getting in late last night. With the addition of our "big guys" next year to go along with all the young guards/wings we should be improved.

I know we won our last three games there until last night :ph34r:

The funny thing is that we are not better nor no worse than last season at this point.... I am holding out to see if JJ and Mean Green can light it up during the tournament.... I really feel that we were cursed at the charity stripe last night... very unusual to go from a 70-80% free throw shooting team to 40%. It was a fluke, and we would have won easily had we shot even 60%.... we are still very much in this thing... the best part of this is that I will likely get to see one more home basketball game this season.

The funny thing is that we are not better nor no worse than last season at this point....

Record wise correct. I think this squad probably has more talent, but last years was slightly "better" as a team. I do think we have the potential to get on a run through the tourney like last season, but I wouldn't bet on it. The Sunbelt is definitely stronger at the top than last year - I think USA had 5(?) league losses as the 1 seed.