Mean Green & Sbc West Conference Championship

chrisfisher

Assuming that if we win out, and that's a big if because we have to beat UNO and ULL on road, we will end up in a tie for first place with ULAR owning the tie breaker. It boils down to needing help from Denver or ULM - the last 2 teams ULAR plays for the regular season. ULAR plays Denver at home and ULM on the road. I cringed when I saw these two remaining games, but a review of earlier ULAR games this season suggests that there is a legitimate chance for a loss to either team. ULAR lost to Denver by 14 on the road, but plays at home this time around. ULAR previously beat ULM by only 2 points at home, and must travel to ULM for their last game. ULM recently played WKU very tough at home and has shown spurts of good play - I think this represents our best chance for a ULAR loss. Man, the last game of the season will be a nail biter with us playing UNO on the road, and ULAR on the road to ULM!!

Edited by chrisfisher

How nice would it be to have the Troy or UALR loss back?

We truly had a legitimate chance to dominate the West this season. The mid-season lull capped by multiple injuries and the team-wide flu really hurt us, as it would anyone. Hopefully we can pull this one out. I know that even if we don't win the West, we'll still have a decent chance in the SBC tourny, but I'd really like to see us win the West conference championship on the way to another NCAA tourny birth. I think Hilltopper Haven will have a frigin meltdown that they may never again recover from if we go to another NCAA tourny... which isn't a bad thing.

Edited by chrisfisher

We truly had a legitimate chance to dominate the West this season. The mid-season lull capped by multiple injuries and the team-wide flu really hurt us, as it would anyone. Hopefully we can pull this one out. I know that even if we don't win the West, we'll still have a decent chance in the SBC tourny, but I'd really like to see us win the West conference championship on the way to another NCAA tourny birth. I think Hilltopper Haven will have a frigin meltdown that they may never again recover from if we go to another NCAA tourny... which isn't a bad thing.

Your guys seem to be hitting their stride right now. Be nice to my Cajuns this week! :rolleyes:

I for one am not overlooking ULL Shof. We lose that one and we could fall quite a ways in the seeding.

I'm not either. ULL started out pretty rough this year, but once conference play rolled around, it seemed like they got it together. Playing at the Cajun Dome is never an easy task. I'm still hoping that our guys respond with consistency in these last two road games. Neither ULL or NO are pushovers.

I'm not either. ULL started out pretty rough this year, but once conference play rolled around, it seemed like they got it together. Playing at the Cajun Dome is never an easy task. I'm still hoping that our guys respond with consistency in these last two road games. Neither ULL or NO are pushovers.

For some reason, UNO has had our number for several years now.... hopefully, we can finally beat them and do it on their own home court!

For some reason, UNO has had our number for several years now.... hopefully, we can finally beat them and do it on their own home court!

That reason has been Bo :lol: He's been NT kryptonite for years. I'll sure be glad to see him move towards the pros. Here's to hoping that the guys finish these last two regular season games strong.

In addition to our game tomorrow against ULL some other important SBC West Conference games take place: New Orleans @ USA and Denver at ULAR. UNO will likely lose at USA, which puts UNO 2 games behind us (assuming we beat ULL)..... Denver has been horrid on the road so I don't have my hopes up for an early present with a ULAR loss.