Gladiator Helmet

GreenAlums

How heavy will that helmet be compared to he current Riddell (or comparable) helmets of today?

Players will have to have a huge neck, not only at one of the O-line or D-line positions, but at kicker too just to support that thing on their head and maintain their balance.

VOTE NO... for the GLADIATOR helmet.

VOTE YES... to keep it in the Roman Coliseum

Yuk!

DO NOT WANT

Dark%20Helmet.jpg

PRICELESS!!!

May The Schwartz be with you!!

No one thought the "New" plastic helments that replaced leather looked "good" either...as I recall, facemasks were not thought to be "cool" at first either...like the helment in ice hockey...took awhile for the players and fans to warm up to that...hey, even some of the rodeo folks are wearing helments these days...not pretty ones either! So, what am I saying....well, if this helment gets going, folks will just come to see it as the "normal" football helment and all will be well again! Change is really tough for some folks...and sports fans are the most "traditional" they come...hey...

what would happen if all the NASCAR guys learned to turn right instead of left????????? :lol:

This

71739headgearjp_00000049670.jpg

Looks better than this foam cap thingy added on top of the common helmet:

helmet0104.jpg

Which I always thought looked like a... well... you know! ;)

IF the Gladiator becomes the new rage... let's just hope that it is more durable than the other foam cap thing!

The Schutt Ion4D is of this same concept with the facemask actually being a part of the helmet instead of a separate piece. Needless to say I think the Ion4D is going to see more success especially since it is already being used by teams such as the NY Giants, Penn State, Auburn, and Air Force to name a few. Here is a link.

Schutt Ion 4D

orig_ion_4d-webXL.jpg

Man this one is awesome... Current style goes futuristic!! Yea, I would bet $$ that this one will be much more common soon!

Well if you do any kind of search for the Ion 4D through google and check out some reviews of it, they all describe the facemask as being "a part" of the helmet instead of a completely separate piece that is held on by screws and brackets now. Basically I think it is just more "a part" of the helmet than a facemask has ever been before and not necessarily what one would imagine if they just read those words without actually seeing the product.