So What "big Time" Player Are We Missing?

FirefightnRick

From another post Vito is reporting that Robert Drake is having surgery and will miss Spring ball from an injury on Oct. 27. For more info read a Friday story in the DRC.

Edited by GreenBat

From another post Vito is reporting that Robert Drake is having surgery and will miss Spring ball from an injury on Oct. 27. For more info read a Friday story in the DRC.

I get that we have an O linemen that will miss srping practice, but what "BIIIIIG TIIIIIIMMMMEEE" player is hurt? Linemen get injured and play and sit and play and sit and play all season. That's why you need a rotation for back up, that why Chad Rose was used so much in the rotation this year. No offense to any of our starters, but when I read BIG TIME??????? as the title to a thread, I'm thinking along the lines of starting QB or our honorable mention All American reciever that made headlines and set records and such when I see BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Wow, Coach Robert Drake is having surgery, I wonder what kind of injury he suffered on Oct. 27, maybe he fell out of his chair while combing his moustache. I hope that is not career threatening.

I get that we have an O linemen that will miss srping practice, but what "BIIIIIG TIIIIIIMMMMEEE" player is hurt? Linemen get injured and play and sit and play and sit and play all season. That's why you need a rotation for back up, that why Chad Rose was used so much in the rotation this year. No offense to any of our starters, but when I read BIG TIME??????? as the title to a thread, I'm thinking along the lines of starting QB or our honorable mention All American reciever that made headlines and set records and such when I see BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!

Rick

I hear ya Rick. I can't speak for everyone else on that "rumor" thread, but I know that my problem was the sensationalism that a particular poster obviously seeks. It's not whether or not he was accurate that a player he couldn't name was indeed injured that bothered me. It's the fact that he is obviously trying to use the shock factor to entice readers to read his so-called scoop on his "inside" information. If he would have left out his opinion of what qualifies (in his mind) as a "Big time player" and let each of us decide the value of said player on our own, then I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

So, yes, I agree with you in the sense that when I think of a "Big time player" my thoughts focus on one of about 5 players. No offense to Drake but he doesn't fit my definition of a "Big time player".

Rick

Yesterday, 09:27 PM Post #24

I guess that I just am lucky. I told the adminstrators on this board who my source was on who was hurt but I don't want to reveal a few innocent staff members or other hard core students who know what their talking about. Until then, just call me Bob Woodward and kiss my grits.

And yeah, a starting an conference Offensive lineman is considered big time to me and is a big name.

This post has been edited by nautique: Yesterday, 09:30 PM

A starting all conference OL that sits out is not big time? OL makes WR's, RB's, Qb's, and coaches look good. (especially a shot gun snapper)

Tell Dodge that Drake is not a big time player who is the most valuable OL on the team, but you Fire Ricky know it all. Our round table discusses your legendary status over a few beers and the first thing we think of is....no verbal attacks, my bad.

Edited by nautique

A starting all conference OL that sits out is not big time? OL makes WR's, RB's, Qb's, and coaches look good. (especially a shot gun snapper)

Tell Dodge that Drake is not a big time player who is the most valuable OL on the team, but you Fire Ricky know it all. Our round table discusses your legendary status over a few beers and the first thing we think of is....no verbal attacks, my bad.

We all know how valuable OL are. The coaches speak doesn't work so well as counter-point on a message board.

With all due respect to Drake and his hard-working friends in the trenches, there's a reason the casual fan isn't going to be discussing chop-blocks at the water cooler on Monday.

We all know how valuable OL are. The coaches speak doesn't work so well as counter-point on a message board.

With all due respect to Drake and his hard-working friends in the trenches, there's a reason the casual fan isn't going to be discussing chop-blocks at the water cooler on Monday.

In my best Tombstone Doc Holiday voice "I beg to differ sir, you wanted to play for blood."

At my house of ill repute, we former fat, ugly, and a offensive guards talk footwork, hand position, X blocks, strike position, and debate the two point stance vs. the three point stance everyday. Greenminer, your football knowledge and insightfulness is off the chart (kind of like Rick's). It must be the water you drank out of the waterless urinals, oops, I meant water cooler.

Disrespecting a o-lineman is like disrespecting the Dalmation on Ricky's fire truck, just ain't right.

I'll go back to TY where no cry babies are allowed and continue my opinions and forecasts of UNT football. My feelings are deeply hurt and with that, I say good night NOW.

Edited by nautique

In my best Tombstone Doc Holiday voice "I beg to differ sir, you wanted to play for blood."

At my house of ill repute, we former fat, ugly, and a offensive guards talk footwork, hand position, X blocks, strike position, and debate the two point stance vs. the three point stance everyday. Greenminer, your football knowledge and insightfulness is off the chart (kind of like Rick's). It must be the water you drank out of the waterless urinals, oops, I mean water cooler.

Looks a lot like a personal attack there... cool it.

Guest 97and03

I kind of have to side with the troll here. His approach sucks balls, but I do think an all-confernce OL is a big deal. All year long we lamented the protection afforded our QBs.

I wish this player a speedy recovery, good health, and many pancake blocks next year!

(Note: I did not say the poster sucks balls, just the approach used. The statement, therefore, is not a personal attack.)

I kind of have to side with the troll here. His approach sucks balls, but I do think an all-confernce OL is a big deal. All year long we lamented the protection afforded our QBs.

I wish this player a speedy recovery, good health, and many pancake blocks next year!

(Note: I did not say the poster sucks balls, just the approach used. The statement, therefore, is not a personal attack.)

I enjoy reading factual information about the program and players here. While the intent of the news was factual, the title was sensationalism and the post a mere implication of someone and something happening. This caused people to speculate who the party was and I'm sure caused a few players to have to answer unnecessarily. This also edged near privacy issues (grades, legal actions, injuries, etc.) that schools normally can't release or talk about.

Guest 97and03

I enjoy reading factual information about the program and players here. While the intent of the news was factual, the title was sensationalism and the post a mere implication of someone and something happening. This caused people to speculate who the party was and I'm sure caused a few players to have to answer unnecessarily. This also edged near privacy issues (grades, legal actions, injuries, etc.) that schools normally can't release or talk about.

I completely agree. I was just agreeing that is was an important player. You can reference my previous comments on the approach used by the poster.

I think people definately need to be careful here in regards to FERPA and HIPPA laws as well.

It was the sensationalism of the post that gave me Green Gas!