Rumblings Around Campus

nautique

I am hearing that at least two more kids will likely ask for their release. One is a big name. Rumors fly around this time of year. I hear that the big name will go through spring and then ask for a special release similar to what Mallett is trying for at Arkansas.

I hope it is not true. This same person told me about a couple who have indeed left.

Edited by nautique

I am hearing that at least two more kids will likely ask for their release. One is a big name. Rumors fly around this time of year. I hear that the big name will go through spring and then ask for a special release similar to what Mallett is trying for at Arkansas.

I hope it is not true. This same person told me about a couple who have indeed left.

Any names??? Any reasons???

With all the stud DBs we are bringing in , I could see maybe someone from last year's team playing back there maybe not wanting to stick around.

Also , with Vizza and Dodge to carry the load over the next few years under center , I couldn't imagine another QB liking his chances for any PT.

Can't blame anyone for leaving if they just want to go somewhere and play because they have a competitive drive , but at the same time if someone leaves I have to question their drive to get better and confidence for not thinking they can beat someone out of a job.

Whoever leaves I wish them the best , but PLEASE NO O or D Lineman :D

Where is the depth? It's at WR. If everyone stays their will something like 13 or 14 Wr's on scholarship and not counting a couple of walk-ons that played a play or two last season. I could see two or three leave. I could see maybe one RB leave, because of this style of offense. One of the kickers might leave.

We also had Chad leave so its possibly more than a rumor. This time next season, some schollies might come available at DB, you'd think.

The only other deal could be a QB. 5 Qb's on roster now and 6 in the fall. Something might give. Vizza could leave and follow his friend who will be a senior Qb at Rice.

Hopefully, no one leaves unless it is good for the team and also for the individual.

You lie like a lying liar lie-face. Nobody will ever leave us. Not Rick V, not Johnny Jones, not Robert Peachey or Derek Tomlin... NOBODY.

There's a time and a place for shameless publication of semi-verified rumors, sir. And that place is not here.

I hope it's not Giovanni !!!!!!!!!! We need him.

I don't know this for sure but I would think my boy from Heights, will have his eyes on how the NCAA handles the deal with that dude from Michigan who transferred.

All those UNT QB's have to be in a very uncomfortable deal when the coaches son plays the position. Those dudes have to mind their p's and q's around Riley, they have to be careful what they say around Riley, etc. etc. It's not his talent that makes it challenging, its competing with that very same person who is the head coaches son.

Competing with a coach's son has to be a very difficult to do so mentally. I don't play ball any more but if I did, that would be a situation I would not want to have hanging all over my mind.

Can you imagine the political correctness that all those QB's have to take regarding the so call Super Man ? I know Gio will do and say everything that is politically correct but you have to wonder. But if he decides to leave, UNT is in a good situation and so will Gio, so it could be a winning situation for both players in the long run.