Wku Attendance

UNTflyer

Man are the Talons really doing that bad? It breaks my heart really. I recall when we were basically the ONLY students that went to games.

Granted that's when Trilli was Coach. I was obviously a masochist.

I feel bad for them because they are 90% girls and they are extremely nice, but they other then clapping during the chants, they don't really get into the game.. I see them text messaging and talking for most of the game, and other times just plain looking lost like their not sure what is going on.. The group of people right behind them are very loud, bring signs to the games, they almost make up for the short comings of the talons..

I feel bad for them because they are 90% girls and they are extremely nice, but they other then clapping during the chants, they don't really get into the game.. I see them text messaging and talking for most of the game, and other times just plain looking lost like their not sure what is going on.. The group of people right behind them are very loud, bring signs to the games, they almost make up for the short comings of the talons..

Talking about the game. If you think they're that bad and feel the need to make less-than-vague comments about them, how about you join them? Surely an infusion of your super-spirited awesomeness would help them rise up.

Talking about the game. If you think they're that bad and feel the need to make less-than-vague comments about them, how about you join them? Surely an infusion of your super-spirited awesomeness would help them rise up.

You may be right. It starts with leadership. Talons is a student org where the exec should not only make it known that apathy at athletic events is a "no no" but should also be right there, front and center, amongst the actives to lead by example. I know that there are ultra spirited, active and rowdy current Talons but perhaps there needs to be a co-mingling in the stands so that it rubs off. Otherwise I think Talons should give up the prime real estate. You can be just as quiet and bored on the back row.

You may be right. It starts with leadership. Talons is a student org where the exec should not only make it known that apathy at athletic events is a "no no" but should also be right there, front and center, amongst the actives to lead by example. I know that there are ultra spirited, active and rowdy current Talons but perhaps there needs to be a co-mingling in the stands so that it rubs off. Otherwise I think Talons should give up the prime real estate. You can be just as quiet and bored on the back row.

All I know is that when I was there, back in '97 - '02, I never heard of the talons doing a thing and when I went to the bball games (trilli era) and womens' bball games none of them could be found.

All I know is that when I was there, back in '97 - '02, I never heard of the talons doing a thing and when I went to the bball games (trilli era) and womens' bball games none of them could be found.

Dude...I was there almost every game. There were always a few of us. Probably no more than 10 though, as at times that was our entirre membership(97-99 or so). We always had a banner up and sat on the opposite side of the Colisium from where the students sit now. The Band was usually right by us.

There were many games women's games when it was just the band and us as far as students go.

Edited by CMJ

Dude...I was there almost every game. There were always a few of us. Probably no more than 10 though, as at times that was our entirre membership(97-99 or so). We always had a banner up and sat on the opposite side of the Colisium from where the students sit now. The Band was usually right by us.

There were many games women's games when it was just the band and us as far as students go.

filmerj you have been duded by CMJ, it's on like Donkey Kong!

If you "never heard of Talons doing a thing" back then you must have had your eyes and ears closed...

I didn't mean to offend, becuase I think I know who you are emmitt, and if I am correct about who I think you are I did always see you. So I guess I did have my ears closed. but then again I always went to the games alone becasue no one wanted to "waste their time at our bball games."