It's a real clusterf**k

Arkansas-Little Rock 6-5 14-8

Louisiana-Lafayette 6-5 10-12

Denver 6-5 10-12

New Orleans 5-6 15-8

North Texas 5-6 14-8

Arkansas State 4-8 9-14

Louisiana-Monroe 2-9 8-15

Three schools 1 game ahead of us and the UNO and us only one game out. Only ASU and Monroe are out of this thing.

We MUST beat UALR though.

Hey, I knw it's not much - but it does give our guys a chance at winning something. The overall regular season title is impossible. WKU and USA will battle for that. The conference title will be almost impossible, because we'd likely have to go thru WKU and USA(on the road) to accomplish that. But a division title and a 17-19 win season is still a possibility. Coming into this season, that'd be disappointing for many of us. But that'd still be a a really good year for what the last generation or so of NT basketball has seen.

Hey, I knw it's not much - but it does give our guys a chance at winning something. The overall regular season title is impossible. WKU and USA will battle for that. The conference title will be almost impossible, because we'd likely have to go thru WKU and USA(on the road) to accomplish that. But a division title and a 17-19 win season is still a possibility. Coming into this season, that'd be disappointing for many of us. But that'd still be a a really good year for what the last generation or so of NT basketball has seen.

I don't know. I feel ok about NT's chances on a neutral court in the SBC Tourney (excluding USA of course). When Wooden is healthy and out of foul trouble, our team can be very dangerous. We beat USA, and looked pretty crappy (imo) doing it...granted at home. That game should have been won by no less than 10 points. The problem for us is consistency and lack of focus on the road. There is still time to "get our wheels on" and make a push going into the SBC tourney. Winning the West would be a great start.

Boy, how low the bar has been set.....pretty sad. Just think if all the teams were in one division, pretty much what football & soccer have to go through every year. Both NT basketball programs would really be exposed.........thank god were not in CUSA (one division)

I disagree wholeheartedly with you in your reference to the conference title being an impossibility.....in fact, they were saying this kind of stuff last season about this same point not knowing we were headed to the NCAA tourny.... I hope you are making the same mistake, though the road ahead does admittedly look rough....

Boy, how low the bar has been set.....pretty sad. Just think if all the teams were in one division, pretty much what football & soccer have to go through every year. Both NT basketball programs would really be exposed.........thank god were not in CUSA (one division)

Well we have only had like.....four of five twenty win seasons in school history. I'd call that a pretty low bar. :P

And chris....I did say that it was almost an impossibility. That does imply there's a shot. But I honestly don't think we're as good as we were last year at this point in our respective seasons, and USA and WKU appear better.

But sure once the SBC tourney begins I'll think we have a shot in every game. Not sure I like our chances at the grind of having to beat WKU and USA back to back(not to mention what could be a very difficult quarterfinal contest and/or even a difficult first round game). We can do it, we'll just need breaks to go our way.

Edited by CMJ