Stand Up!

UNTflyer

I am ecstatic about the attendance at our basketball games... I remember the beginning of last season when the Super Pit was an empty pit.

But kids.... STAND UP! You are in the student section and you are supposed to have fun. I don't think I've ever seen a more bored group of students since my Stats II class.

And the Pit Crew should do whatever it takes to get those students in back to stand.

i agree...i was about 4-5 rows up from the floor...everyone in front of me was standing and almost everyone behind me was sitting....i tried hard to get them to stand up but it seemed like they didnt give a s***

Perhaps my earlier advice (which appearantly was vile enough to merit warning) was a bit extreme...but seriously, you need to be in the ears of those sitting in the front rows...don't let them just sit there mutely...and if it takes being an ass to do it...then be an ass.

The Talons have been pathetic since I started (sorry CMJ...I think you were active with talons before I was at UNT though). The fact that the Pit Crew has expanded to the point of needing a third section excites me about its future...don't let the Talons ruin it.

I would say that during timeouts, (especially critical timeouts where the momentum could swing, like last night when the MG cut the lead down to 5 late in the game) the Pit Crew should all turn in unison and JEER the students who are sitting on their asses, yell at them to stand up and get loud. It was pathetic the way they all just sat there. And, the academic athletes who were invited to the game and sit in the roped off sections were just as bad.

The Talons have been pathetic since I started (sorry CMJ...I think you were active with talons before I was at UNT though).

I think our time overlapped by a year or so. I went to NT from '96-01. But Talons membership was pretty low back then and we sucked(Trilli years) - so that may have been part of it. But at least a handful of us were always there and loud.

Edited by CMJ

Perhaps my earlier advice (which appearantly was vile enough to merit warning) was a bit extreme...but seriously, you need to be in the ears of those sitting in the front rows...don't let them just sit there mutely...and if it takes being an ass to do it...then be an ass.

The Talons have been pathetic since I started (sorry CMJ...I think you were active with talons before I was at UNT though). The fact that the Pit Crew has expanded to the point of needing a third section excites me about its future...don't let the Talons ruin it.

Do you come to games? You continually sound like you don't and continue to base your opinion on what you saw many years ago. Please, find me next Thursday.

Do you come to games? You continually sound like you don't and continue to base your opinion on what you saw many years ago. Please, find me next Thursday.

been at UNT for 2 years and talons have always been quiet and seem more interested in talking to eachother and text messaging

No...I don't make any of the games...35 bridge is a big time hastle coming from New Haven. However, there have now been 3 posts dedicated to motivating our Universtity "spirit" group to either A. show spirirt...or B. move out of the front row and allow "spirited" fans to sit there.

None of that is based off of my past experiences with the Talons as being a psuedo-greek organization who present themselves as the voice of UNT athletics...despite being sports ignorant with no real concept of how, what or when to cheer.

Wish I could be there next Thursday though buddy...you seem aces.

This isn't a popular opinion and I can only speak for last night, but the talons in the first row were yelling, or more accurately, screaming their asses off during WKU free throws.... one girl would let out this terrible, screeching I just had an ax murder come after me scream....it was so loud it overpowered the entire student section yells.... it was awesome. I credit several missed free throws to that horrid scream alone... I hope she makes it out to the next game!

Edited by chrisfisher

He lives in Connecticut.

He follows this team and the Sun Belt conference closer than almost anyone else I know. When someone else informs me that there's an athlete out there named "Kummer" who I could have been mocking for years... That's a man who knows his basketball pretty thoroughly.

As for finding you at the Pit... Again, not likely because he lives in Connecticut. But I have a feeling you may be able to shake hands at the tournament in Mobile, if you're planning on making the trip.

Rereading that, it seems like I'm attacking you, which is not the way I want it to come across. I'm not trying to come off as combative... Just saying that it's a hell of a commute from New Haven to the Pit. Even for a 7:00 p.m. tipoff.

I wish we had 1000 alums in the metroplex as passionate and attentive over North Texas basketball as that one guy stranded on an island in the northeast. It's almost funny that two of our most hard core fans (CBL and CMJ) are thousands of miles away, and on opposite sides of the country.

Are you both permanently gone, or would you move back (greenminer and CarribbeanGreen style) if the opportunity arose?

Are you both permanently gone, or would you move back (greenminer and CarribbeanGreen style) if the opportunity arose?

Seriously, I have no idea when I'll move back. I came to Los Angeles to pursue the film business. After a little over 6 years I'm not exactly doing what I came out here for, but I am in the industry in a tangent sorta way. I haven't given up, and this is a town where you need some patience to make it.

I'm sure at the very least I'll move back to DFW when I retire.