Fwst: What Recruits See From Six Texas Schools

Objective Aggie

Here's some weights... and some more weights over here... here are some colorful weights... here are some lockers.

Way to go, FWST!

I bet the athletic dept was asked to provide photos and they said "uhm.. here are some I found on this 3.5" disk. take these. Those lockers look like they were at the Y in my home town. Why wouldn't any player want to go to UT or A&M, despite the fact that CS sucks?

Edited by filmerj

---I am not so sure a few pictures from anywhere give much of a true picture of what the "environment" is at any school. A picture of the dorm, the stadium and perhaps a picture of locker-room/workout area and the practice fields might be helpful but not much. Sort of like the story of the blind men describing the elephant.

---Some have trashed TxTech somewhat unfairly ... It is a nice campus and can be pretty other than winter and early spring (unfortunately most of the school year is then). My complaint of there is that the buildings are so scattered that students has difficulty going from one class to the next because of distance between classes. I was a student there for one graduate year, the campus was designed by an idiot for classrooms unless one had all their classes in one building which freshman and sophomores never do. Plus that "travel" can be terribly cold or hot or wet or dirty depending on the weather. NT and UT is rather compact by comparison and A&M is not too bad. Tech in short can look good at times but is poorly designed. A lot of athletes look at the situation differently than most of us. Tech, UT, and the Aggies have nice large stadiums and do attract large crowds.... we don't. Some of them look at the academics and departments they will major in but some don't care at all. Unfortunately some people actually judge a school by its athletic program and nothing else...even non athletes. My son when transferring to NT said the NT computer labs (about 2000) were far superior to anything that A&M had for use at that time.... better and more modern equipment, he was a comp-sci major. Some will look at the surrounding area and location... we have Dallas, Tech has dirt fields, at A&M you get to sweat a lot in warm weather, very humid. As for location... Austin wins,. nice town, plus lots to do, and a lot of fan interest in sports and school spirit and you don't die of heat exhaustion or freeze crossing campus like you do in Lubbock.

---In short, a few pictures mean very little. I really loved NT, the classes, the profs, the students, and the area, just wish athletics was more successful... even when I was student basketball was a big deal in the MVC.. now it has declined a lot. Basketball games were wild and crazy with lots of nutty fans.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

On second thought do we really have all that much to show compared to the other schools????

Yes, we do. Pay better attention and you could answer that yourself. <_<

I've been saying it for over 20 years that we don't promote ourselves near enough to the outside world. How many people outside of this website and the DRC knows about Abner Haynes and what he's about to be a part of? Plus, the photos allowed on the website should have been better edited by the AD dept. We have a long successful past and many things to be proud of and to promote. This subject just makes me sick, and to see our photos on the startlegram's site, compared to the other schools make it that much worse for me.

Rick

That's the problem. Based on that presentation if you are not an Alum or haven't been on campus or haven't been that interested you would have no idea what NT has. I know very well what NT has but couldn't tell it from that group of photos. There must not have been a limit on the number of pictures submitted. You can make Fouts look OK in photos with a little effort, the field is top notch, highlight that part.