Ch 8 Story

mean green d

There was an offensive linemen who was originally committed to the University of Houston. They had a coaching change when Art Briles went to Baylor. The offensive linemen had an injury and apparently had his committment pulled without his knowledge. His coach found out about this about three weeks prior to the national signing day. The reason I brought this up was because he said he would walk on at North Texas. I didn't catch his name. He must have been pretty well thought of to be a committment of the cougs. Sorry I didn't catch his name. Did anyone else see this report?

Guest GrayEagleOne

There was an offensive linemen who was originally committed to the University of Houston. They had a coaching change when Art Briles went to Baylor. The offensive linemen had an injury and apparently had his committment pulled without his knowledge. His coach found out about this about three weeks prior to the national signing day. The reason I brought this up was because he said he would walk on at North Texas. I didn't catch his name. He must have been pretty well thought of to be a committment of the cougs. Sorry I didn't catch his name. Did anyone else see this report?

Yep, his name is Ethan McMillan, 6-4, 300 from Aledo. He's a great looking offensive guard. That's one place that we have a great need. My money's on his being good enough to earn a scholarship.

Yep, his name is Ethan McMillan, 6-4, 300 from Aledo. He's a great looking offensive guard. That's one place that we have a great need. My money's on his being good enough to earn a scholarship.

And I hope that that happens very soon.

I almost cried when I watched the story. His parents divorced last year. His mother had to deal with cancer, and then he had a knee injury in the playoffs.

I am pulling very hard for this young man.

Living here in Parker County you get to hear a lot about Aledo and their program and McMillan's story is well known. He has been one of their best O linemen the past two years and many thought Houston was getting a complete steal out of his commitment. Last night when I heard the promo, "..the ugly side to recruiting.." before Channel 8 went to break prior to the sports, I knew exactly what they were going to talk about. Sure enough it was him. And as soon as it started I looked over to the wife and said "Damn, I wished he's give North Texas a try". She couldn't believe it when he said he was walking on at NT. He won't be a walk on for long if he's able to rehab his knee fully.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

This is great deal for both him and UNT. He'll be close to his mom, and hopefully she will be able to come watch him play. I hope he earns a scholarship, because from watching him work, and listening to what his coach said about him, he is a worker. Everybody ought to thank Coach Dodge and the coaching staff for giving this kid a chance that is obviously well deserved.

This story made me quite emotional...I really do empathize with this articulate young man. I couldn't think of a better coaching staff for this personal situation than ours. They will do right by him, whether he pans out or not...I would bet on it.

He impresses me as the type of individual who would appreciate and make the most of an opportunity.

Starting a pipeline to Aledo is a good thing. They put out one or two D1 kids every year.

Amen to that, Cowtown...

The Brookshire's in Willow Park where I shop for groceries is all but an Aledo HS spirit shop. One whole wall of the entrance of that store has a pictorial collage of Aledo HS sports action shots--quite impressive.

The BearCat Cafe at an Aledo gas station/cafe is a fun place to sit and talk HS football on the morning after the game. Myself and another local UNT alum sometimes go there on those Saturday AM armchair QB sessions and talk Aledo HS football.

Aledo HS has a very, very nice 2 year old HS football stadium that is state of the art.

Yes, Cowtown, Aledo HS would be a great pipeline for our future.

ALEDO HIGH School BEARCATS--The Mean Green Salute You!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest 97and03

Yes, Cowtown, Aledo HS would be a great pipeline for our future.

ALEDO HIGH School BEARCATS--The Mean Green Salute You!

GMG!

I think I am going to have Plumm do all my Halloween party invitations!

July 30, 2007

Country strong Cougar

Matt Malatesta

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Aledo, Texas, offensive lineman [db]Ethan McMillan[/db] defines country strong. The 6-foot-4, 296-pound guard has persevered the past couple of years athletically and personally, and has been rewarded with his first scholarship offer from the University of Houston. He took the Cougars up on his offer.

I found this on Ethan's Rival's webpage from last July when he committed to u of h. Scout.com had him ranked #120th OG. He was Honorable Mention All State for 4A by the Texas Sport Writers Association.

Rick