The Signing Date Event

SUMG

A couple additional thoughts...

The signing day blog didn't lie - James Hamilton is going to be a beast on special teams coverage. Fearless, fast, and hard-hitting. Definately has a chance to contribute immediately. After seeing his video, I also think he would make a pretty good RB in the spread.

The staff recruited us some big receivers. One of my favorite video clips was of 6' 5" Forrest Rucker dragging a couple of DBs accross the goal line. "A man among boys," was what I was thinking. Think Limas Sweed from UT in terms of size and the ability to go up and get the ball.

Dodge mentioned that one reason they didn't heavily recruit at the LB position was that they felt they had some help coming from current players, including this year's redshirts.

Would that be Marquese Davis, A.J. Penson, and possibly Scott Gilchrist and Bron Hager?

Do we have any ideas of who it may be? Or what time they will announce it?

I think it will be announced today....it should be in the paper(s) tomorrow. Might be on a blog (D-RC or FW paper) today. And, it might be on meangreensports.com some time today.

A couple additional thoughts...

The signing day blog didn't lie - James Hamilton is going to be a beast on special teams coverage. Fearless, fast, and hard-hitting. Definately has a chance to contribute immediately. After seeing his video, I also think he would make a pretty good RB in the spread.

The staff recruited us some big receivers. One of my favorite video clips was of 6' 5" Forrest Rucker dragging a couple of DBs accross the goal line. "A man among boys," was what I was thinking. Think Limas Sweed from UT in terms of size and the ability to go up and get the ball.

Dodge mentioned that one reason they didn't heavily recruit at the LB position was that they felt they had some help coming from current players, including this year's redshirts.

Agreed. Rucker dragging those two poor little DB's about 15-20 yards downfield after the catch was one of my favorite highlights from the evening. In the clip he truly looked like "A Man among boys".

Man, just read these comments and think...What a Great time it is to BE part of the MEAN GREEN Nation! I cannot recall when things were as positive at UNT as they are right now. Good things are happening all over the place...not only in athletics but in academics. This is great to see...looks like UNT is moving forward! FINALLY! Todd Dodge has brought a great deal of "positive" to the program...I do believe that success on the field will follow!

Man, great to see this positive stuff! :clapping: