Final Chapter

GreenBat

Final chapter

For Southlake Carroll quarterback Riley Dodge, today marked the end to his time with the Dragons. "It's sad. At the same time, it's time,'' said Elizabeth Dodge, Riley's mother.

Dragon fans can probably remember when Riley was a ballboy and coming up through junior high. Riley and running back Tre' Newton had plenty of hype entering their sophomore seasons, and helped the Dragons to two more state titles. In his high school career, Dodge was a part of three state title teams, and helped Carroll win 49 straight games (which tied a big-school state record), a mythical national championship in 2006, and compile a 80-1 record through last year's season-opener against Lake Highlands. He was also named the 2006 Associated Press 5A Offensive Player of the Year, and was a 2007 first-team all-state selection.

"It's sad. It's bittersweet," Riley said this morning. "I think we put our stamp on Texas high school football the past few years. It's going to be hard to do that again. I don't think they'll forget us."

Riley said his shoulder has improved dramatically, and that he has full range of motion. He also said he can begin throwing a football again in March.

-Trae Thompson

Too bad Riley and Gio can't get it on now in spring ball. It will be a battle of hype and talent vs. an Italian meatball with balls of steel and talent to boot.

Either way, it will be fun. Don't forget about the Stallion, he'll come out swinging like a mother.

Edited by bigntex

"I think we put our stamp on Texas high school football the past few years. It's going to be hard to do that again. I don't think they'll forget us."

They won't forget them for sure. SLC people are kidding themselves if they think they will continue to keep having that kind of success without TD leading the charge.