Rivals Is Saying That John Shorter

SUMG

There may still be players no longer with the team that we don't know about...maybe?

I'd heard that also, but I thought teams were limited to signing 25 per year. I know other teams have signed more in the past, but am not clear on this. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Wow. So much for that rumor.

Wow... we snagged him... or the rumor he was to sign with Tulsa was bogus.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1383256

10:20 a.m.

Once again MeanGreenSports.com is your source for dispelling the rumor mongers. Like the old cliché says, you shouldn’t always believe everything you read... especially if it is on a web site other than MeanGreenSports.com. Our fax machine has just received the NLI for Lake Highlands defensive back John Shorter.

Wow... we snagged him... or the rumor he was to sign with Tulsa was bogus.

I don't believe it was a bogus rumor. From Rivals:

John Shorter, a 5-foot-11 and 180-pound safety from Lake Highlands High School in Richardson, Texas, switched his commitment from North Texas to Tulsa this afternoon, and told InsideTulsaSports.com that he plans on signing with the Golden Hurricane on Wednesday morning.
From Vito's blog:
The head coach at Lake Highlands has confirmed that John Shorter has switched his commitment from UNT to Tulsa.

Apparently the kid just had a last minute change of heart--back in the right direction.

16 Signed, 10 Remaining.

Those unsigned as of yet:

Brandon Akpunku

Tevinn Cantly

Justin Edwards

Coleman Feeley

Troy Franklin

Royce Hill

Gabe Hollivay

Alonzo Horton

Forrest Rucker

Darien Williams

Looks really good so far :thumbsup:

Royce Hill is the one I am watching closely, since he has waffled a bit lately.

Mean Green get steal

Just got word that North Texas got a major addition this morning from Lake Highlands defensive back John Shorter. Shorter switched his commitment in the last 20 minutes from Tulsa to UNT. A good recruiting battle had gone on for Shorter, who just sent in his letter and gives North Texas depth at the DB position and help on special teams. -Trae Thompson