F I U New Stadium Construction Photos

NT80

Someday, someyear, maybe we'll start ours... <_<

Too much visible aluminum framework for me, looks a little like Muts home. I like a finished facade all around a stadium...

http://www.tribalgrounds.com/belt/forum_en...&order=time

Agree, just way too much aluminum framework. The first photo reminds me when we were putting in our endzone seats back in 1994.

One thing about the Florida schools, they seem to have very few talkers but a helluva' lot more do'ers.

If UNT built a similar stadium as FIU, I'd say 1-AA would be in our future and we know what that would do to our school and how most of our alumnus body would re-act since we already had 13 years of 1-AA as a pretty accurate barometer).

Think Big! Build Bigger!

I'm jealous. We have been talking about building a stadium for about 30 years now. They have one under construction. We went down there for our game with them in 2005. The place they had to play in was horrible. I am not sure how they got anyone to play for them. This will help them a lot. I know that they are at the bottom of the Belt today, but they won't stay there.......

pure sarcasm, my friend. FIU is so spare, I'd consider it our worst loss of the season. Their fanbase is almost as pathetic as their record the past 2 seasons- which is saying a lot considering they're the largest school in the belt.

And many said the same thing about SBC & NO Bowl champ FAU just a couple of years ago...

Looks like cheap crap if you ask me.....I know, Fouts is terrible, but that doesn't change the way their stadium looks....they should have gone with akron State design or something.

I agree, it looks like temporary construction to me.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but that is the type of stadium you get nowdays for $40-60 million. If we are all thinking that NT will get a 35 to 40,000 seat palace with concrete supports and stands, comfort seating, and brick facade, topped off with a five story press box and hedges surround the field (SEC style), then we better pony up an additional $60 mil.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but that is the type of stadium you get nowdays for $40-60 million. If we are all thinking that NT will get a 35 to 40,000 seat palace with concrete supports and stands, comfort seating, and brick facade, topped off with a five story press box and hedges surround the field (SEC style), then we better pony up an additional $60 mil.

I just got back from Boca Raton and viewed the site of the new FAU stadium with student housing, retail space, and a beautiful new stadium with fountains out front ,etc. All Capt. K had to do was just say he wanted it, and the ball was rolling. Don't know how long it will take to complete, but it will definitely be the class of the SBC. All you naysayers on the FL schools better be ready to eat your words because unless our admins get a clue and increase athletic funding they are both going to pass us in every aspect of athletics. Of course there is no fear of a student fee down there unlike our gutless leaders. Stick the fee on the bill and let them find something cheaper, if they think they can. All you might lose is some parasite commuters who will never give back to NT anyway!!!

I just got back from Boca Raton and viewed the site of the new FAU stadium with student housing, retail space, and a beautiful new stadium with fountains out front ,etc. All Capt. K had to do was just say he wanted it, and the ball was rolling. Don't know how long it will take to complete, but it will definitely be the class of the SBC. All you naysayers on the FL schools better be ready to eat your words because unless our admins get a clue and increase athletic funding they are both going to pass us in every aspect of athletics. Of course there is no fear of a student fee down there unlike our gutless leaders. Stick the fee on the bill and let them find something cheaper, if they think they can. All you might lose is some parasite commuters who will never give back to NT anyway!!!

Well said.

Agree with DallasGreen. The time is now.

You can agree all you want with him, it's not going to change the fact that there are not enough financial supporters of NT athletics to make a difference. THe university need 1,000 MGC members at at least the $5,000 level for NT to ever have a chance at being a player in Major College Athletics. Money talks. Every student when they go in to get their degree plan, should receive something from the NT Exes. They should be contacted every six months to check on why they have not joined the group. This university, as much as I love it, is going to fall into the athletic wasteland, unless it begins to get more big money alums involved.

I hate to steal a line from out neighbors on the Hilltop, but it's time to "PONY UP or Shut the F Up." What is it going to be?

You can agree all you want with him, it's not going to change the fact that there are not enough financial supporters of NT athletics to make a difference. THe university need 1,000 MGC members at at least the $5,000 level for NT to ever have a chance at being a player in Major College Athletics. Money talks. Every student when they go in to get their degree plan, should receive something from the NT Exes. They should be contacted every six months to check on why they have not joined the group. This university, as much as I love it, is going to fall into the athletic wasteland, unless it begins to get more big money alums involved.

I hate to steal a line from out neighbors on the Hilltop, but it's time to "PONY UP or Shut the F Up." What is it going to be?

SMU big time alums did "Pony Up" when they saw that SMU was serious about D-1. You can NOT have alumni donations without winning, and you can NOT win without internal funding--we have played this shell game for decades but until the admins show they are NOT just blowing smoke there will be no outside support. Ever heard of seed money? That is exactly what athletics needs from the admins YESTERDAY. Putting it entirely on the alums when you are not even provding the minimal funding that it takes to win is "dodging" the issue ( no pun intended).