Mean Green Men's Basketball Game Tonight

chrisfisher

Admin's please leave this thread in football if possible.

The Mean Green men's basketball team is on the verge of another great season. We enter this game coming off a big time road win against Ark State. We battle regional rival Louisana-Lafayette tonight to improve our record to 12-4, and 3-2 in conference. We haven't lost a home game since February 22, 2007 and are 8-0 at home this season. The Mean Green put on a great show at home with their relentless drive to score big points. The students show up to the games, and it is time for the general public to get their butts in the stands and support this very deep and talented Mean Green basketball team..... Come out and support!! 7PM tonight at the Super Pit (double header with the women).

Edited by chrisfisher

The students haven't shown up in a month since the Chritmas break, which seems longer each year, even though " home" is probably less than an hour's drive back to campus for most. Weeknight 7 PM starts make metroplex fans have to be "road warriors" to get there. If you want to jump on the general public get after the Dentonites and faculty who have the red carpet treatment and have a pitiful turnout for this exciting team. NT BB puts on as great a show as any team since the Blakeley era. Too bad that Dentonites choose to sleep through it!!!!

The students haven't shown up in a month since the Chritmas break, which seems longer each year, even though " home" is probably less than an hour's drive back to campus for most. Weeknight 7 PM starts make metroplex fans have to be "road warriors" to get there. If you want to jump on the general public get after the Dentonites and faculty who have the red carpet treatment and have a pitiful turnout for this exciting team. NT BB puts on as great a show as any team since the Blakeley era. Too bad that Dentonites choose to sleep through it!!!!

Hey Dallas Green, I was not trying to jump on anyone... I was only trying to motivate.... sorry if it came off wrong in my post.... I disagree about the student turnout....there have been significantly more students out this year...but that is neither here nor there.

Hey Dallas Green, I was not trying to jump on anyone... I was only trying to motivate.... sorry if it came off wrong in my post.... I disagree about the student turnout....there have been significantly more students out this year...but that is neither here nor there.

I agree that the student turn out has been good and vocal when school is in session. My point is that few students make a short drive back for games during the break. BB attendance at other schools does not shut down during the break. Student lack of support when most are so close to campus hurts the quality of our schedule during this time and ultimately RPI for tournament play. We need the good ones like the Pit Crew to encourage the others to know that MG BB continues during the break and they need to support it the entire season!!!

Given that no one used to come to games, especially the students, and that we won few games each season, I think JJ is making great progress in terms of the number of wins, quality of recruits, and increased fan support.... baby steps.... see y'all tonight!

Students have been great and the "Pep" Band definitly lends energy to the place.

I enjoy going to the games, but for me half the fun is seeing the students get into the game and verbally punish the opposing players and coaches. We really are starting to have a solid home court advantage.

PLEASE come out to the game tonight!

I agree that the student turn out has been good and vocal when school is in session. My point is that few students make a short drive back for games during the break. BB attendance at other schools does not shut down during the break. Student lack of support when most are so close to campus hurts the quality of our schedule during this time and ultimately RPI for tournament play. We need the good ones like the Pit Crew to encourage the others to know that MG BB continues during the break and they need to support it the entire season!!!

If you are talking about other Texas schools... then I must disagree. I've been to several A&M BB games over the past couple winter breaks as well as a few others elsewhere in the state. Most everyone else struggles with student attendance during the winter break as well. A&M games are largely void of students except for the 40 or so that show up to chant. As a student and Pit Crew member, I have made all but 1 game over the break but for alot of students, the break is time to hang out with old friends and family. I am sure we will be seeing a big surge of students at the basketball games once school is back in session.

Admin's please leave this thread in football if possible.

The Mean Green men's basketball team is on the verge of another great season. We enter this game coming off a big time road win against Ark State. We battle regional rival Louisana-Lafayette tonight to improve our record to 12-4, and 3-2 in conference. We haven't lost a home game since February 22, 2007 and are 8-0 at home this season. The Mean Green put on a great show at home with their relentless drive to score big points. The students show up to the games, and it is time for the general public to get their butts in the stands and support this very deep and talented Mean Green basketball team..... Come out and support!! 7PM tonight at the Super Pit (double header with the women).

Without checking...I'm guessing Feb 22, 2007 was Bo McCalebb's buzzer beater. Ghost of Anthony Winchester strikes again.

To the "road warriors": Tina will be busy losing until about 7:15...20 minutes between games...which means that more than likely we won't tip until atleast 7:30, if not later. This game is for the lead in the SBC West and to stay undefeated at the Pit. Lets make the Pit the hardest stop on any team's schedule and fill that place up tonight.

I'll be watching from the horrible MG premium feed wishing I had to fight through Dallas traffic to get there. Go Mean Green

Without checking...I'm guessing Feb 22, 2007 was Bo McCalebb's buzzer beater. Ghost of Anthony Winchester strikes again.

To the "road warriors": Tina will be busy losing until about 7:15...20 minutes between games...which means that more than likely we won't tip until atleast 7:30, if not later. This game is for the lead in the SBC West and to stay undefeated at the Pit. Lets make the Pit the hardest stop on any team's schedule and fill that place up tonight.

I'll be watching from the horrible MG premium feed wishing I had to fight through Dallas traffic to get there. Go Mean Green

What does Ms Yothers have to do with this?

The student turnout this year has been much improved, but we can do better. There is no reason to not pack the stands tonight.

I still think in order to get the locals to the games, we have to do more to promote them. A pair of $500 banners hanging from the North Texas Blvd/I-35-E overpass would do wonders. 80,000 vehicles pass under it every day x 7 = 560,000 a week. If we get just 1% to turn out, we'd more than double our average attendance.

Edited by UNTflyer

What does Ms Yothers have to do with this?

Ha...actually refering to Ms. Slinker

That's sad!

When NT basketball fans think Tina, the first TINA that comes to mind is Tina Yothers of Family Ties, Celebrity Fit Club and TY Sports, "a fluffy kitten joke blog," especially since Tina Slinker has been NT's women's coach for 18 years. That pretty much explains why this should be her last season at NT.

The last 2 feeds I had from Denver and Troy were 1000x better than before... I think I lost the feed twice during the entire game... hopefully, it will be a much better feed for you tonight...