Football Stadium

greendog

Guest 97and03

I definately think that UNT needs to increase the athletics fee to help acheive its goals in athletics. Probably can't be done without it, excluding a Pickens-esque donation. I do believe that a per-credit hour increase is more fair than a flat fee.

As to the students accepting a fee, someone earlier argued that the students don't ever agree to fees. Not true!

They voted to approved a fee for the new Rec Center twice. The first time didn't take (I forget why) and they voted the second time for a $75 per semester fee. They also approved an increase in the international education fee from $1 to $4. So students will vote for a fee that they believe will benefit them.

As I said, I think with proper marketing, the students will accept an increase. Having a concrete example of what the funding will help create (the stadium) should help as well.

Edited by 97and03

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately think that UNT needs to increase the athletics fee to help acheive its goals in athletics. Probably can't be done without it, excluding a Pickens-esque donation. I do believe that a per-credit hour increase is more fair than a flat fee.

As to the students accepting a fee, someone earlier argued that the students don't ever agree to fees. Not true!

They voted to approved a fee for the new Rec Center twice. The first time didn't take (I forget why) and they voted the second time for a $75 per semester fee. They also approved an increase in the international education fee from $1 to $4. So students will vote for a fee that they believe will benefit them.

As I said, I think with proper marketing, the students will accept an increase. Having a concrete example of what the funding will help create (the stadium) should help as well.

I remember- I voted for both since I really wanted a Rec and because the open gym facilities at the time were SO horribly under what the school needed. A fee jump by a few bucks per credit hour should make things move along a little faster, especially since UNT seems to be growing and the demographics of UNT are also becoming more broad.