Sounds like you're the one who's brainwashed UNTFlyer. Most medicine in other countries is cheaper, not because it's lower quality...but because the country itself negotiates price caps so it can be affordable to the people. We're basically the only western country that doesn't do this for its citizens. The drug companies say, we the USA, is paying for research and development(as euless pointed out), but every other country is selling the same damn drugs for cheaper than we are.

Edited by CMJ

Nothing is free. ....

Illegal immigrants receive free care without showing a social security card....

They don't have to show anything in FW. I remember reading an article a while back that in Houston alone in 2005 the county hospitals spent over $38 Million in OBGYN care to illegals, all at taxpayers expense. <_<

WAKE UP AMERICA!

Rick

Sounds like you're the one who's brainwashed UNTFlyer. Most medicine in other countries is cheaper, not because it's lower quality...but because the country itself negotiates price caps so it can be affordable to the people. We're basically the only western country that doesn't do this for its citizens. The drug companies say, we the USA, is paying for research and development(as euless pointed out), but every other country is selling the same damn drugs for cheaper than we are.

For name brand, that is true. But for generics, it is not the same drug. The generics are manufactured by Mexican pharmaceuticals, and not subject to the same regulation as American companies. But by all means, if you feel you need to go to Mexico to buy your penicillin, you are free to do so. That's another great feature of the free market system.

Free Market services are always best because companies have to compete for your business. Under a government program, there is no incentive to provide quality care.

Name one government service that is superior to its equilavent privatized service.

***CRICKETS***

No thanks... I don't want health care to be like going to the DMV.

I do agree with you in theory but there are a few great government agencies.

Corp of Engineers

USAF

US Navy

And parts of NASA

And others I am sure I can't think of.

National health care is not a good idea, funny how all the people in Canada that can afford it come to the US to get medical and dental procedures done, especially the Canadian Doctors.

Edited by KingDL1