Holiday Bowl

Cr1028

Whoever it was, UT got the royal bad job on that call.....there were so many things wrong with that call. I am not a UT fan, but my gosh that was bad. Almost as bad as the calls in the fourth quarter of the Pitt/WVA game.

Those are SEC Officials.

UT actually got a break, although moot. The enforcement was correct, but it should have been 3rd down, not 4th. (moot because ASU scored on the next play).

I sure didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field. Besides that, you can tell from the video and the way the ball bounced that it stayed in bounds long enough for UT to recover the backwards pass.

Those are SEC Officials.

they did a pretty lousy job through most of the game, both ways. I can't stand when officials get in the way of the game, throw teams out of rhythm.

Had those been Sun Belt refs, all we'd be hearing about today is how "bush league" they were, and how they weren't ready to officiate "big time" football.

UT actually got a break, although moot. The enforcement was correct, but it should have been 3rd down, not 4th. (moot because ASU scored on the next play).

The refs said the infraction occured ater the play was over, therefore it was 4th down.

The refs said the infraction occured ater the play was over, therefore it was 4th down.

if it was after the play was over, why wouldn't it then be Texas' ball and the penalty be taken out of that? Only thing I can figure is that as soon as it was allegedly touched, the play is dead. If so, the 4th down makes sense. Still, I saw no indisputable evidence that it was ever touched.

Of course, it didn't really matter as the Pac10 co-champs were way overmatched with Texas' size and speed.

if it was after the play was over, why wouldn't it then be Texas' ball and the penalty be taken out of that? Only thing I can figure is that as soon as it was allegedly touched, the play is dead. If so, the 4th down makes sense. Still, I saw no indisputable evidence that it was ever touched.

Of course, it didn't really matter as the Pac10 co-champs were way overmatched with Texas' size and speed.

Say what you will about Texas - I certainly do - but they are the only team in the Big 12 to beat a ranked opponent (at game time) from the conference in the last two years. Of course, it helps when they are an overrated preseason team (TCU) and part of this year's PAC-10 sewer water, but still....