The Pit Crew

chrisfisher

I like it!

The nice thing about freethrows is that most players have a "routine" at the line. Many times they will dribble the ball 3-4 times at the line, pause and then shoot. When I was in HS we'd take advantage of this and shout "Bounce, Bounce, Bounce" with each dribble and then "SHOOOOOOOOOOT" during the pause. Worked nicely and sounded great. If the pit crew isn't already doing something like this perhaps it's worth trying. The great thing is you don't have to "organize" it. Once one or two people do it others catch on quickly.

Old school used to be "Who's he". Somewhere it got simplified. ;)

Ah yes, that takes me back to the Bill Blakely era. In addition to the "who's he?" when the last visiting player was announced we would all yell "Oh, I know him"

That reminds me of my favorite heckling story...

Several years ago we had UTA in the Super Pit. Their starting center, a tall goofy white stiff whose name escapes me, had heard just about enough abuse from us and mouthed a FU to our section. Our response was did he kiss his mother with that mouth etc. A few minutes later he shot us all the finger to which one of our group responded, and I must be careful here, something to the effect of that middle finger and his mother. That was clearly over the line but all I remember was everyone in our section falling out of our chairs laughing.

Good times folks, good times.