Sagarin Ratings As Of 12/16/07

chrisfisher

For the initial part of the season, Sagarin is biased because it is based on Bayesian statistics (previous season performances). This isn't an opinion, and Sagarin states this on their website. For the first time this season, the teams are now connected (unbiased).

UNT Mean Green is now a Top 50 program at #47. We are 4-2 (they only use D1 games) with the 12th most difficult schedule in the country.

Other SBC notable rankings:

South Alabama #54

Western Kentucky #64

New Orleans #115

Arkansas-LR #118

Non-Conference Rivals From This Season:

UTA -#28

Oklahoma State #84

Texas #3

New Mexico State #105

Indiana State #146

Edited by chrisfisher

I guess we get to find out if uta is for real this week as they play at TCU tomorrow and Okie State on Saturday. If they get by those two they have a chance at an incredible record. They have a bunch of cupcakes after this week, and don't play Sam or Stephen for six or seven weeks.

We're all wondering, too, but it is way too soon to say which teams on our schedule are "cupcakes." Who would've thought Centenary would loom large for UNT, or that Hartford would've played so tough? Heck, even Southern could pop up and play close. I have a feeling our current last place team, TAMU Corpus Christi will start to win before we see them in January. I'm thinking at least one of their 7 footers has to be a player.

Anyway, good luck against your last two non-conference opponents! :)