Briles At Baylor Revokes 3 Ship Offers Of Recruits

OldTimer

Gary Mason out of Waxahacie(sp?) has also re-opened his recruiting, a former lb recruit for Baylor.

He's looking at Kansas, New Mexico and UTEP. No mention of NT. Rivals still has him as a solid verbal for BAYLOR.

I think it was a stand-up move for Briles to notify these recruits of his intentions as soon as possible, so that they have time to investigate alternative options and possibly get a scholarship elsewhere. I know it couldn't have been easy for Briles or the (former) recruits, but it will be better for everyone in the end.

did we not rake TD across the coals for this very thing last year? Why is it now ok for Briles to do this at Baylor, but Dodge was skewered for this with the Abilene kid at the same time of the year?

Yes, that was actually my point. From what I understand the offer TD did not honor wasn't made public until after signing day, leading many to believe that the kid was never notified that his ship offer to UNT had been revoked. I don't know how much truth there was to that story, but the media sure did make it seem as though the kid thought he was going to UNT right up until signing day.

Guest GrayEagleOne

The blurb on TX Mag only mentions a JC player from California who was recruited as a deep snapper and had excepected to sign a letter of intent with Baylor next Tuesday. No mention of the two other players.

Just thought it was interesting.

The other two players were CB Kydarien Wilkins from Dalllas South Oak Cliff and WR Duriel Harris from Channelview. Neither mentioned NT as a possibility.