It's Looking Like We Landed Hamilton

SUMG

(from the DRC.com blog):

December 10, 2007

UNT appears to have landed Hamilton

I have not talked to James Hamilton yet today, but it appears as if the Cedar Hill athlete who projects as a safety in college has decided to stay close to home and play for North Texas instead of committing to Kentucky.

I heard Hamilton has made up his mind from a collegue who talked to his his high school coach today. Check back on the blog. If I get confirmation, I will post it as soon as I can.

(from the DRC.com blog):

December 10, 2007

UNT appears to have landed Hamilton

I have not talked to James Hamilton yet today, but it appears as if the Cedar Hill athlete who projects as a safety in college has decided to stay close to home and play for North Texas instead of committing to Kentucky.

I heard Hamilton has made up his mind from a collegue who talked to his his high school coach today. Check back on the blog. If I get confirmation, I will post it as soon as I can.

Rivals says we got him! Wasn't he previously a two star? Now he's three...

From Vito's blog -

December 10, 2007

Hamilton on board

I just got off the phone with Cedar Hill athlete James Hamilton, who confirmed that he has committed to UNT.

For more on Hamilton, check back on the blog or see tomorrow's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle.

WOOHOO!!!!

this is why we brought Dodge in... to get the more recognized recruit. Good job TD and Co!!!!

Here's a little snippet from a scout article back in October after he'd taken his official visit to Kentucky. He actually witnessed them beat LSU and all of that craziness. That was when Kentucky was really hot in the polls and he still didn't committ. Nice.

The University of Kentucky hosted only two players on official visits on Saturday, both from Cedar Hill High School in Texas.

Osaze Idumwonyi made his commitment public yesterday, but teammate James Hamilton was the more heavily sought after recruit.

How did the talented defensive back like his trip to Kentucky?

"It was real fun," Hamilton said. "We went to the game. We had a good time there. We visited some of the facilities - the weight room, the locker room, the training room and some of the dorms. It was pretty good experience."

Among his dozen scholarship offers, Hamilton will pick from Rice, North Texas, Washington State, Louisiana Tech, SMU and Kentucky. His trip to Lexington was his first official visit.

"They certainly moved up on my list," Hamilton said. "They impressed me, but they've always been in my top three schools for the most part. Now that I've been up there, they have moved up."

The game was particularly special for the Texas native because LSU features several players he was familiar with. The Tigers roster is heavily polluted with players from his area.

Yea, you're right, but we do have a quantity of quality VERBAL COMMITTMENTS and that's somethin' we ain't had in the past. B)

Agree. And I like announcing the committments in public (not stealth). I believe it lets other recruits see our progress and other boards have recruit-envy! :P