Unt Demolishes Smu (official Ncaa Attendance Stats Here)

Objective Aggie

I was really surprised to see that Colorado St. and Wyoming, two MWC schools, both averaged under 23,000 for the year. Northwestern from the Big 10 averaged under 25,000.

Western Kentucky went over 15,000 (I guess that's still a requirement for going IA) - they had 16,488

To me, UCF is a striking example: They averaged about 98% of capacity this year, after many years of not being able to draw flies. The difference being a new stadium and more importantly: W-I-N-N-I-N-G.

UCF also has two of the strengths that are often cited about North Texas -- close proximity to a major city and one of the state's largest student enrollments -- and one of its weaknesses -- a bunch of more established in-state rivals with huge juice in state government. I'd love to see UNT's athletic department send a team to Orlando to figure out how UCF got its stadium built and managed to fund its football team so well, given the circumstances it faced.

You don't have to go all the way to Orlando. Ask our AD, Steve Orsini. ;)

Yeah right, SMU and Orlando are big time apples to oranges. Some guy for SMU just stepped up and dropped tens of millions to basically fund the project. As far as I know UCF didn't have that sort of lump sum donation.

Yeah right, SMU and Orlando are big time apples to oranges. Some guy for SMU just stepped up and dropped tens of millions to basically fund the project. As far as I know UCF didn't have that sort of lump sum donation.

UCF along with all the other new stadiums int he works in Florida got state funding.

New Stadium? Yep, we will have one, and I WILL live to see it happen...and I am older than quite a few of the folks who post on this board...yes, I am because I know who you are! :lol:

Also...attendance was O.K. this year....BUT, we need to build on this and keep the numbers going up. 20,000-22,000 average would be nice to see next year...hey, I am not asking for the moon here! Then up...up...up. Some more wins and excioting games like this year...and teams like Navy at Fouts and we will have the "deep pocket folks" pitching $$$$$ in the pot for the new stadium. Notice I said "the" new stadium...not "a" new stadium. Yes, it is going to happen. Count on it! Dodgeball and RV make it happen.