Chase Daniel A Heisman Finalist

SUMG

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3142933

(Todd and Chase are very close. They talk weekly on the phone. I think there's a decent chance that TD is with the Daniel entourage at the Heisman ceremony).

It wouldn't surprise me; we don't have a bowl game to prepare for; there's not SLC game for him to go to. If Chase was the front runner I'm sure he'd be there but either way I hope he shows you know he'd get a mention and it would only be good PR for the program.

If he is there he should wear a Mean green jersey or a green suit. REPRESENT!

I disagree if he's there he's there for Chase. It's a formal event if he has a choice back Chase and wear something SLC. Either way we get the pub when they announce Chase's former highschool coach and current head coach of North Texas Todd Dodge.

Dodge isn't going. He wanted to, but has some conflicts.

They wish he could be there though.

Oh yeah - almost forgot this: :ph34r:

The goal up there is simple - hook his sister up with Darren McFadden so she can be triple set for life.

Not sure if it is public knowledge or not, but he does have a source, and it is good.

It's not. The Mrs. has placed a Chase-related blogging ban.

I could be killed just for saying this much.

Who cares.

Exactly. This isn't Southlake or Missouri. Oklahoma showed how overrated the guy is anyway - twice. Any team with above average speed shows this dude up. Texas will get their shots at him in 2008 and 2009. I predict his outings versus the Longhorns will be as poor as his outings versus the Sooners.

He plays in an overrated Big 12, and in a division, the North, that only had two winning teams this season. Big deal. He was a big fish in a small pond. In the two biggest games of the season, he flopped. The guy ran his mouth all week before the Big 12 Championship Game, then laid a big turd.

Usually, you give a kid a break...but, this guy is mouthy and can't back it up in the biggest game against the big boys. Watching him get helmet to helmet, jawing the OU linebacker that intercepted him...ridiculous. Try winning a game against the big dog in the pack before you try barking at him, dude.

And, for the edification of our WR coach/language policeman...he dropped several f-bombs on camera as the Oklahoma defense snuffed out his futile attempts to move the ball on them. Guess he couldn't play for us with such a dirty mouth. They'd have to suspend him every other game.

Heisman...pfft. Phooey.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Exactly. This isn't Southlake or Missouri. Oklahoma showed how overrated the guy is anyway - twice. Any team with above average speed shows this dude up. Texas will get their shots at him in 2008 and 2009. I predict his outings versus the Longhorns will be as poor as his outings versus the Sooners.

He plays in an overrated Big 12, and in a division, the North, that only had two winning teams this season. Big deal. He was a big fish in a small pond. In the two biggest games of the season, he flopped. The guy ran his mouth all week before the Big 12 Championship Game, then laid a big turd.

Usually, you give a kid a break...but, this guy is mouthy and can't back it up in the biggest game against the big boys. Watching him get helmet to helmet, jawing the OU linebacker that intercepted him...ridiculous. Try winning a game against the big dog in the pack before you try barking at him, dude.

And, for the edification of our WR coach/language policeman...he dropped several f-bombs on camera as the Oklahoma defense snuffed out his futile attempts to move the ball on them. Guess he couldn't play for us with such a dirty mouth. They'd have to suspend him every other game.

Heisman...pfft. Phooey.

But you once talked about how great Pinkel was when I criticized him and pointed to Chase. I agree with your points about him in both OU games but I think he can have a - let's say Stephen McGee-like performance against Texas next year. He's a senior next year, so he just gets the one shot in Austin.

As for the media coverage, my theory is that if you go to a journalism school or non-traditional power your grads make sure the coverage gets out there more. The Daniel family had a national or local crew at their house every day last week and we're asking for OU again in SI articles back in October. You just don't do that. You didn't see Sam Bradford or Indian Reservation Nightline or anything like that. Ever wonmder why Boston College kept making SI covers in the early 90s at every major upset? Editor was a grad. It happens.

You also missed how he didn't speak to his teammates whatsoever after they went down 2 scores.

As for the Big 12 - they have still beaten one-ranked OOC team in two years now. It was Texas over that powerhouse TCU team this year. Woohoo!

But you once talked about how great Pinkel was when I criticized him and pointed to Chase. I agree with your points about him in both OU games but I think he can have a - let's say Stephen McGee-like performance against Texas next year. He's a senior next year, so he just gets the one shot in Austin.

As for the media coverage, my theory is that if you go to a journalism school or non-traditional power your grads make sure the coverage gets out there more. The Daniel family had a national or local crew at their house every day last week and we're asking for OU again in SI articles back in October. You just don't do that. You didn't see Sam Bradford or Indian Reservation Nightline or anything like that. Ever wonmder why Boston College kept making SI covers in the early 90s at every major upset? Editor was a grad. It happens.

You also missed how he didn't speak to his teammates whatsoever after they went down 2 scores.

As for the Big 12 - they have still beaten one-ranked OOC team in two years now. It was Texas over that powerhouse TCU team this year. Woohoo!

My point about Pinkel has nothing to do with Daniel, it has to do with the claim that he "learned" from Dodge. Pinkel has been coaching for four decades now and was sending QBs to the NFL as a QB coach/offensive coordinator when Dodge was still playing. Any post I've made about Pinkel has had nothing to do with Daniel and everything to do with clearing up the misconception that Pinkel didn't know what the forward pass was until he talked to Todd Dodge. It's ridiculous.

Thanks for correcting me Daniels versus UT. He briefly played in Texas's 51-20 win at Columbia in 2005. Daniel completed two passes for 10 yards and ran once for -2 yards. Daniel's team is now 0-4 versus the only two consistent teams in the Big 12 since he's been on campus. He started three of those losses and helped out in the fourth...so the speak.

True on the media coverage, which is poor anyway. By the way, Bradford's dad, an insurance salesman in Oklahoma City, said in an interview earlier in the year that they don't consider themselves Indian and have never gone to pow-wows and things. Lots of people have "Indian blood." Before that, the media made is sound like the kid walked out of a tee-pee and started chunking footballs at the first buffalo he saw. Horrendous. The media and their propensity to overreach is getting worse by the year.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Dodge told the Star-Telegram this week (in their blog?) that he has 17 recruits on campus Saturday and can't go to New York.

Well that's a darn good reason then. I wonder if any of those 17 recruits are jucos....since the juco signing period is coming up pretty soon? (mid-December?)