Burkhead From Plano

mean green d

Does anyone know if Rex Burkhead of Plano is being recruited by us. He is a hard nosed runner like Mosely with more quickness in hitting the hole. I think he would be a great fit in Dodge's offense. What do you think? Has anyone seen him play?

Does anyone know if Rex Burkhead of Plano is being recruited by us. He is a hard nosed runner like Mosely with more quickness in hitting the hole. I think he would be a great fit in Dodge's offense. What do you think? Has anyone seen him play?

From the DMN:

There's little doubt who the top prospect at Plano Senior is this year -- Rex Burkhead. Problem is he's just a sophomore, so there's no link to him yet on Rivals.com. But trust me, the kid known at Plano as "Rex Chapman" is the real deal -- the 5-8 Burkhead dunked last year as a freshman on the state championship basketball team. "He's the next big phenom anywhere," said Episcopal School of Dallas quarterback Brock Mansion, who transferred to ESD from Plano. Burkhead will play free safety this fall and will be a back-up at quarterback. He played fullback last year on Plano's state quarterfinal team. Mansion predicts Burkhead will be Plano's quarterback before his high school career is said and done.

oops, that was from 2006

try this:

Yes, we are recruiting him

Edited by Eagle1855

Rex is an absolute stud for the Wildcats! He is very fun to watch as he is just an outstanding football player with a great feel for the game. I'd love to get him and Kris Lott (their JR Wide Receiver #24) up here to Denton. I think we have a great shot at Lott, however, I think Burkhead will go somewhere with an offensive system in which he can carry the ball 15+ times a game and be a feature back.

He's a better DB than RB, which is scary because in 13 games he as 1,453 yards on 248 carries with 28 rushing TD's, which is a 5.9 avg. per carry. He has 38 catches for 481 yards with 3 receiving TD's, which is a 12.7 avg per catch.

When is everyone going to get over the speed thing. 4.82 is not bad. And thats a legit time taken at a Nike Combine. Plus this was taken at the beginning of his jr year. Which mean he still has 2 year to bring it down. My little brother who is a sr in high school brought his 40 time down .19 in that time.

When is everyone going to get over the speed thing. 4.82 is not bad. And thats a legit time taken at a Nike Combine. Plus this was taken at the beginning of his jr year. Which mean he still has 2 year to bring it down. My little brother who is a sr in high school brought his 40 time down .19 in that time.

Maybe. But when a 225+ linebacker has zeroed in on him, running at 4.5 in the forty, who do you think wins?

He runs a 4.82 40? You people are O.K. with that? :blink:

4.8 will get unranked teams to the Big Easy for a bowl, but forget any BCS Championship Bowl Series game.

Uncanny team speed seems to be the common denominator of every team I've watched in the BCS Series bowl games thus far and Boise State was one of those teams last year, too. Maybe a prime reason they not only stayed on the football field with OU and then beat them, perhaps?

And man O man, did Coach Johnny Jones recruit the best point guard in UNT history or what? I watched the game on The Dish and it was so-ooooooo much fun watching all those #4 ranked Horn fans squirm just a bit in our late game run.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen