Why Would A Recruit Come To Unt?

MCMLXXX

Heard Desmond Brigham at the end of the Caddo Mills-Farmersville game last week in an interview on the post game show. He was asked about committing to NT, he sounded very enthusiastic, loved Coach Dodge and the "high octane" offense, said it fit his playing style and couldn't wait to get there.

As an admission officer at UNT, I have the honor to introduce our great institution to prospective students from every corner of Texas. I may be accused of the "soft sell", but my number one priority as a recruiter is to get students feet on campus.

Once a student has arrived on campus, my job, in many situations, is done. The growth in facilities, academic programs, enrollment and campus spirit is testament to the fact that what we have here in Denton is special. The excitement on campus regarding the hiring of Todge was palpable. In fact, this year I took it upon myself to take my mini-UNT football helmet with me to display on my recruiting table, hoping to get to talk a little MG football if asked by a student or parent. A couple of students in Frenship (yup, Tech's backyard) liked the helmet so much, they "borrowed" it. I haven't seen it again...

Why would a recruit come to UNT? Get them on campus, introduce them to the stellar academic programs on campus, the award winning student service programs, the fantastic new residence halls, the state-of-the-art Athletic Center and Student Rec Center, the outstanding faculty and staff of our university, and the question easily becomes... WHY WOULDN'T A RECRUIT COME TO NORTH TEXAS????

A couple of students in Frenship (yup, Tech's backyard) liked the helmet so much, they "borrowed" it. I haven't seen it again...

Frick'n West Texas Thieves!

I thank everyone on this board knows what Denton has to offer a new recruit as far as atmosphere, night life, women, academic and just a great overall college experience I know I do. As for the program it's self with a 2-9 season we greatly increase attendance and interest in the program. The offense is fun and explosive which gives player a chance to put up numbers that will get you noticed. The Sunbelt has taken some be strides this year and won some big games against BCS teams and with the new system NT should be on the verge of those wins as well. We offer a great experience in a metropolitan area with a fast paced system and the ability to play and contribute early to an up and coming program.