Jj And Tina Radio Show

SUMG

Basketball Radio Shows Begin Tonight At Sweetwater

ZBLZJCOIBGALJEX.20070116214642.jpg

DENTON, Texas (12/03/07) – Don’t forget to catch the season’s first Tina Slinker and Johnny Jones radio shows on 88.1 KNTU-FM tonight from Sweetwater starting at 6:30 p.m.

Join Steven Bartolotta and coach Slinker as they discuss Mean Green women's basketball from 6:30 until 7:00 pm. The North Texas women’s squad hosts Marshall tomorrow night at the Super Pit following a tough loss to Metroplex rival SMU over the weekend.

The Mean Green men are coming off a sweep at the Lou Henson Classic that included one of the biggest comebacks in school history against New Mexico State. The Mean Green takes on the University of Texas on Wednesday night, and you can hear Hank Dickenson and coach Jones from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m.

Broadcast cleared up after the first 15 minutes of Coach Slinker's show and had no isues during Jones's. Nice show I thought. Coach Jones was really positive I thought. I especially liked when he corrected Hank's question of "How did Josh White slip thru the cracks to come here" to which JJ replied "He didn't slip thru the cracks, he came to a special place".

He also profusely thanked everyone who showed up and all the support the team gets(which was classy considering the squad doesn't get the support it deserves). Coach Slinker also thanked the folks that came out as well.

It was a great show...looking forward to the next few games. :D

Broadcast cleared up after the first 15 minutes of Coach Slinker's show and had no isues during Jones's. Nice show I thought. Coach Jones was really positive I thought. I especially liked when he corrected Hank's question of "How did Josh White slip thru the cracks to come here" to which JJ replied "He didn't slip thru the cracks, he came to a special place".

During the OSU game an OSU fan behind me asked me about him. He was puzzled why OSU or OU or UT or LSU wouldn't have been hot on him especially OU after his brother. He just couldn't believe that caliber of player came to play at NT (kind of a backhanded compliment).

During the OSU game an OSU fan behind me asked me about him. He was puzzled why OSU or OU or UT or LSU wouldn't have been hot on him especially OU after his brother. He just couldn't believe that caliber of player came to play at NT (kind of a backhanded compliment).

The way Coach Jones told the story on air last night: there were all sorts of schools were keeping tabs on him(even the Florida Gators!) - but most of the others had him as a backup plan. Like "let's see what happens with this taller kid" etc..

Meanwhile Jones recruited him hard and we got him.

Yes, too bad when a high ranking member of the Athletic Dept. sees recruits as "slipping through the cracks" to end up at UNT. He probably did not mean it the way it sounded, and JJ's response was perfect, but this is just part of what I mean by "thinking small"...we must start THINKING BIG before we are BIG!

Again, no slap at Hank at all, but good for JJ in his response...the Athletic Dept. folks, above all others, must think, speak and ACT Big Time!

Yes, too bad when a high ranking member of the Athletic Dept. sees recruits as "slipping through the cracks" to end up at UNT. He probably did not mean it the way it sounded, and JJ's response was perfect, but this is just part of what I mean by "thinking small"...we must start THINKING BIG before we are BIG!

Again, no slap at Hank at all, but good for JJ in his response...the Athletic Dept. folks, above all others, must think, speak and ACT Big Time!

Maybe Hank's question was just a set up for JJ's response. :rolleyes:

A couple of scheduling things that I forgot to mention that JJ said at the show... that the OSU game was a 1 for 1 contract and we play their next year... He said the UT game was a paycheck...no surprise... but he went on to say that they expect enormous future difficulty scheduling the UT's of the world because of the current success of our program. I wonder how many other "Big" conferences will schedule home games at the Pit given our record there?