More Rantings From Neil Robertson

Notice: to Dallas Morning News High School Game Time blog moderator - this is the 5th time I've submitted this blog entry comment for posting in the last 16 hours and you choose not to post it. Be advised, if you do not post it immediately, based on the fairness doctrine of professional journalists and the principles of unbiased journalistic ethics, I will write a letter to the editor of the DMN about your prejudicial practices of pro-SLC editorial review and complain to your supervisors at Belo Corp. Furthermore, I am and will post this on my blog site at www.texasfootball.com which has a much wider readership than this blog on DMN SportsDay. Your call pal.

Yo, yo , yo SLC misguided bloggers. Git on up outa ma grill and listen to reason, you ignorant northeast Tarrant County suburban dwellers (mouth breathers obviously) -

I am not dissing SLC here and in my previous 2 posts, far from it. Under the Todd Dodge dynasty, SLC was THE 5A team in Texas and the pride of Texas to the rest of the nation - they are still great, just not so much and perhaps Abilene is now. The key reason, singular and simple - under Coach Wasson and his obvious poor judgment, SLC is not the dragon team of the Todd Dodge era. Never will be again I'd estimate. Todd Dodge and the succession of NFL-caliber QBs at SLC: Daniels, Wasson, that dude who sits the bench at Bama now and Riley, the perfect storm - one every 50 years or so do those forces line up in one team. I cannot overemphasize that absolute idiot play call - The Drags had it in the bag - chip shot FG and move on to the next round toward a 3rd consecutive 5A state championship. Coach Wasson, the lame replacement for a poorly thought out and ill-timed Todd Dodge dreadful decision to take the helm at a historically 2nd rate, back water UNT team, did not pan out...for Dodge or UNT or SLC. An out of state Miami, FL team came in during regular season and treated the Dragons like their practice squad during a nationally televised prime time high school football game - made it look like a scrimmage and then, due directly to extremely poor play-calling in the red zone in a 2-minute drill time, SLC lost for a 2nd time in the same season to Abilene and tossed away a shot at tying Abilene for the all time 5A record of consecutive state titles at three...SLC will never be there again to roll off three 5A state titles in a row- that time has passed along with the unique, once every 20 years talent pool derived from the SLC student body from 2004-2007...but, like I have noted in prior posts, "it's alright, you can't be forever blessed, ..." ("American Tune" - Paul Simon). It was time for a change anyways at the top of the 5A pecking order and Abilene just may be the answer, we'll soon see.

My main points are these:

(1) Todd Dodge should have sat pat at SLC and delivered the Dragons to that elusive 3rd 5A state title in 2007. Then he could have scooted right into at LEAST the Baylor head coaching job, probably the TX A&M gig rather than being trapped at UNT in a dead end coaching gig.

(2) Todd Dodge would NEVER have made that ridiculous play call to snap from under center to reposition the ball for what was already a chip shot FG by just allowing the game clock to run down to 3 seconds and calling time out and not risking any screw-up on another snap - totally unnecessary and a massive error in judgment on Coach Wasson's part - if Todd Dodge had been there for SLC rather than being totally wasted at a perennially underperforming UNT team - SLC would be past Abilene and on their way to an easy match-up with an obviously inferior Lewisville Hebron team in the 5A Quarterfinals next weekend.

Now Abilene has a cakewalk to the 5A Division II crown in 2007 and not SLC for the 3rd time in a row - which is what everyone in SL, TX apparently was basing their entire existence around (PS - there is more to life than HS football folks - read "Friday Night Lights" or talk to people in Odessa, oops, that perennial powerhouse, Permian fell as well yesterday - never mind). Bottom line, Coach Wasson's poor judgment cost SLC a 3rd consecutive 5A D II title and his son is a fool for leaving TX State for OU to ride the bench his crucial senior year under Sam Bradford. Young Wasson could have been a decent career back-up QB in the NFL - now he is just going to have to settle for selling insurance or real estate back home in SL, TX.

(3) Riley Dodge SERIOUSLY needs to reconsider changing his verbal commit to UNT before it is too late and the major Big 12 schools lose interest in him. Rivals.com is not going to penalize Riley Dodge too much for being on a vanquished SLC team because his head coach called plays in crunch time with his head up his a**. Riley's stock is still hot and Mack Brown or Mike Leach would still welcome him with open arms, a full ride athletic scholarship and a freshman redshirt to learn big school BCS-caliber play under the potential 2008 Heisman Trophy candidates seniors Colt McCoy or Graham Harrell. Being starting QB as a freshman with backwater UNT, not so much. Fagitaboutet.

(4) Now that the SLC Dragons are not going to three-peat as 5A D II champs after all, what IS up with that faggoty bleached blond hairdos that their players sport every year during the play-offs? NOTICE: a bunch of bleached blonde cry babies leaving the Texas Stadium field in tragic, last moment and shocking defeat does not look good on the AP Photo wire folks of SLC, TX. Get rid of the girlie hair doos if you are ever back at the Quarterfinal playoff level again.

(5) Congratulations to a deserving and scrappy Abilene team and good luck for a 5A D II title in 2007. Your three-peat, 3 consecutive 5A state championship record is intact.

Posted by: Neil Robertson | December 2, 2007 1:26 PM

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This guy is a freelance writer for Dave Campbell's Texas Football. His bosses at Texas Football would probably like to know about his distain for one of the Major University's it covers. I am going to write adam.hochfelder@hostcommunications.com, the editor and jake.shaw@hostcommunications.com, te managing editor and tell them I am going to write to everyone of their sponsors and inform them that I will not be purchasing any of their products as long as they advertise in Texas Football Magazine, as long as the magazine employs this writer, who appears to be at-least one cookie short of a dozen.

I would encourage all true MEAN GREEN Fans to do the same.

Brett Tulloss

Don't agree with you, Dude. You can have that anti-SL sentiment and all, but the way you articulated it? Faggoty? idiots? I don't really blame them...

Also, aren't journalists bound by different codes (or none at all) being that this is on a blog? No really, I'm asking.

My high school started bleaching their hair for rivalry week/playoffs back in '96 and have been doing it ever since. Nothing new or shocking to me.