Espn College Gameday Hits The Alamo City

ESPN College GameDay hits the Alamo City

11/28/2007

ESPN College GameDay will be in San Antonio for the 2007 Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship on December 1.

The award-winning Saturday morning college preview show hosted by Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso highlight the premier college football match-ups in the nation. The hosts will battle out their predictions for this exciting nationally televised match-up between newly crowned No.1 Missouri against its only loss, No. 9 Oklahoma.

Taping will begin at 7:45 a.m. with the show going live between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. College GameDay will set up at Alamo Plaza, just outside of the Alamo downtown, where fans of all ages are invited to come out and witness the amazing sights and sounds ESPN will bring to San Antonio. Segments for SportsCenter will also be taped on Friday afternoon between 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. where fans are also encouraged to attend.

The pregame festivities don’t end with College GameDay. Fans are encouraged to head to the Alamodome for a one-of-a kind Beer Garden sponsored by Bud Light to quench any adults thirsty, the XM Pregame Show and a Fan Zone for all ages to enjoy.

The Beer Garden will begin at 1:00 p.m. and stay open until game time located just north of the Alamodome at the Plaza. Fans can find food and drink vendors, inflatable’s, TV’s to watch other games in action such as the ACC and SEC Championships and a performance by Alter Ego.

Fan Zone located north of the Alamodome will open at 1:00 p.m. along with the Beer Garden. This interactive area includes food and drink vendors such as, Mrs Baird’s, Chick-fil-A and Starbucks, and games from Geico, H-E-B and much more.

Don’t miss your chance to get the full Championship experience with pregame festivities including music, food, drinks and tons of fun.

ESPN College GameDay

Friday, November 30, 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.

Saturday, December 1, 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.

Alamo Plaza, in front of the Alamo Bowl

Beer Garden Sponsored by Bud Light and Fan Zone

Saturday, December 1, 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.

Plaza, just north of the Alamodome

Just combine the headlines on the board with something relevant.

Here are some extremely tongue-incheek examples (please don't fight me, angry posters. I'm fragile:)

Jesse: Todd Dodge made Chase Daniel a hero but he can't get Mandy fired

Plumm: Todd Dodge is a great coach but he needs to remove us from a miserable Sun Belt existence and onward and upward into a hells bells (sing out of room)

Cerebrus: Todd Dodge. (Clever joke deleted.)

Emmitt: Todd Dodge is great but everyone watching on TV sucks and is a bad fan. Wait, that came out wrong...

Justins and CBL: Todd Dodge merkin boner balls corso alabama hot pocket sticky donkey nuts

TastyGreek: Todd dodge and 14 pages of research no one will include in conversation

UNT-Playmaker: Todd Dodge makes super duper happy fun time. Yay cowboys! Boo stadium rumors.

Quoner: Todd dodge. Gay joke. Passive-aggressive make-up PM

GladtobeGreen: Did you see I hired Todd Dodge and invented green?

Greenbat: Sometimes I miss dirty jokes but that doesn't mean i'm not cool

Kram1: Ban Quoner from life

Dodge2007: Please look at what I'm saying, f***face!

MeanGreenEngineer: I'm the f'ng balls but I never post. Less is more, bitches!

any others - and feel free to rip me at will.

There's a new Holiday Inn in Denton?! I've been in town a couple of times in the last year...maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Quoner is my daddy. (Tina Yothers is my mommy.)

Last time, OU won by 10. I think Missouri is way better and has solidified really well, so I'll say it's gonna be within about 4 points either way. Any other predictions?

There's a new Holiday Inn in Denton?! I've been in town a couple of times in the last year...maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Yeah, stayed in it during homecoming. Pretty nice, actually. Got it on priceline for around $50. If you aren't paying attention, you'll miss it. It's tucked back behind the Carinos (Italian for mediocrity).

I must not have looked at the sign...because I know there were new buildings there, just didn't pay attention to what they were.

Little-known fact (at least to most people I tell):

That road next to Carino's runs out to Bell/77/whatever other names it has, and comes out next to the paint store and what used to be Payless Video. Just in case you ever get stuck in weird traffic (that's how I found it).