Rice's Mob Tweaks Graham At Tulsa

LongJim

Apparently Tulsa isn't happy about this. :lol:

From someone who was there:

***********************************************************************************************

"Students wore shirts that spelled Tulsa backward (a sluT).

MOB did a spoof of looking through Dante's Hell for Todd Graham.

They didn't find him in the first circle, but didn't expect to because those residents had spines.

Moved to the 2nd Circle, where the adulterers were. No sign of Todd Graham, but "Your Mom" told us to go lower.

Went to the 4th Circle, home of the greedy and avaricious. No Todd Graham, but we found torn up bits of his Rice contract leading like breadcrumbs into the depths...and being picked up by Dennis Franchione.

Went to the 8th circle ...home of the flatterers, who were "wallowing in donkey dung". But Todd Graham had gone farther down, because even they were sick of his BS.

Went to the 9th Circle, home of traitors. No sign of TOdd Graham. We ask Satan, who tells us he's even further down...in the 10th circle. He leads us to a blacked door with a sign with 3 frightening words.

Welcome. To. Tulsa.

As MOB left the field, PA announcer ended with this joke "A rabbi, a nun, and a priest walk into a bar. I can't remember what the punchline is, but I'm pretty sure it involves Todd Graham being a douchebag.""

if anyone was upset or offended by this, they need to find some way to acquire a sense of humor, ASAP.

The Mob has ALWAYS clowned on their opponents like this... and if Todd Graham can't take a joke, he deserves every bit of it.

It’s not just their opponents! I remember the MOB doing what they called “the annual tribute to the New Head Coach” at some Rice coaches first game. That will make you feel welcome on confident!

Apparently Tulsa isn't happy about this. :lol:

From someone who was there:

***********************************************************************************************

"Students wore shirts that spelled Tulsa backward (a sluT).

MOB did a spoof of looking through Dante's Hell for Todd Graham.

They didn't find him in the first circle, but didn't expect to because those residents had spines.

Moved to the 2nd Circle, where the adulterers were. No sign of Todd Graham, but "Your Mom" told us to go lower.

Went to the 4th Circle, home of the greedy and avaricious. No Todd Graham, but we found torn up bits of his Rice contract leading like breadcrumbs into the depths...and being picked up by Dennis Franchione.

Went to the 8th circle ...home of the flatterers, who were "wallowing in donkey dung". But Todd Graham had gone farther down, because even they were sick of his BS.

Went to the 9th Circle, home of traitors. No sign of TOdd Graham. We ask Satan, who tells us he's even further down...in the 10th circle. He leads us to a blacked door with a sign with 3 frightening words.

Welcome. To. Tulsa.

As MOB left the field, PA announcer ended with this joke "A rabbi, a nun, and a priest walk into a bar. I can't remember what the punchline is, but I'm pretty sure it involves Todd Graham being a douchebag.""

They really did that? Wow. That must have been uncomfortably hillarious.

There's nothing like an Owl scorned, eh?

Anyone here attend the game at UT the year the Green Brigade's Drum line had a "F U" message to the UT band director? As they each made their way to the front facing their audience they raised up their snare drums to expose the bottoms, to which each had a letter. It read "F...U...?" and I can't remember the guys last name but I saw it. I think this was the '88 game? or the '91? I believe the entire drumline got suspended? Anyone else remember?

Rick

Anyone here attend the game at UT the year the Green Brigade's Drum line had a "F U" message to the UT band director? As they each made their way to the front facing their audience they raised up their snare drums to expose the bottoms, to which each had a letter. It read "F...U...?" and I can't remember the guys last name but I saw it. I think this was the '88 game? or the '91? I believe the entire drumline got suspended? Anyone else remember?

Rick

It was in 1991 and said FUGAR--Gene Richter, if ZI remember correctly. I was on the field, since I was a Equipment guy, and didn't get it until I got back to Denton and read the NT Daily. Yes, the whole drumline was suspended--and should have been. Very stupid move--and beneath the level of class the Green Brigade is known for.