Sunday Tribstar

eulesseagle

chrisfisher-

funny that you mention that because one of the three refs was calling about 75% of the fouls. the refs were even calling "palming the ball" which i have not seen called in decades. you should have seen the look on the player's faces when palming the ball was called.

Basketball Jones has a team that knows how to seal the deal and knows what it is like to win......going back from last season. This has got to be the deepest team that i have seen in 40 years, without a doubt. IMHO, this team is much better than last year's team.

If you have not seen Basketball Jones' team this year you better......

Somehow NT just needs to get the students to the game.

The Okie State game was huge! and a win over any Mo Valley school is huge because the Mo Valley usually puts about two or three schools in the NCAA's every year......it is a tough conference.

the refs were even calling "palming the ball" which i have not seen called in decades. you should have seen the look on the player's faces when palming the ball was called.

It's a point of emphasis in officiating this season as told to them by the NCAA. I've watched several early season games on ESPNU where palming has been called.

chrisfisher-

funny that you mention that because one of the three refs was calling about 75% of the fouls. the refs were even calling "palming the ball" which i have not seen called in decades. you should have seen the look on the player's faces when palming the ball was called.

Basketball Jones has a team that knows how to seal the deal and knows what it is like to win......going back from last season. This has got to be the deepest team that i have seen in 40 years, without a doubt. IMHO, this team is much better than last year's team.

If you have not seen Basketball Jones' team this year you better......

Somehow NT just needs to get the students to the game.

The Okie State game was huge! and a win over any Mo Valley school is huge because the Mo Valley usually puts about two or three schools in the NCAA's every year......it is a tough conference.

I have followed UNT basketball religiously since 2005 (when I started my graduate program). I agree that this is the best team since 05 and trust your judgment on the 40 year thing. Last season, we had a really good team with our starters....granted Rich Young was steady, but Sturns was erratic. However, on the 2007 team nearly any guard on the bench can put up big time numbers, and Stewart is really contributing now. I recently posted a thread named "Our bench is deeeeeeeep" and I believe what I said in the that post more than ever after our last 2 games. I am not sure if you are directly speaking to me about coming to basketball games this season... but I have only missed 2-4 homes games in 3 years. Student turn out has been better than I have seen it in the last 3 years. I hope this continues. In terms of the refs, they refused to call an offensive charges; moreover, they'd call phantom fouls on our post guys even if they simply put their hands directly up in the air. I mean if you can't do that then you might as well just give them the shot.

One turnover call against ISU was a momentum-starter for North Texas. Todd McCoy was whistled for stepping on the end line when all he was doing was retrieving the ball after a Mean Green make. North Texas’ Collin Dennis made a 3-pointer on the gift possession to put North Texas up 21-14.

From what I saw on the internet, it looked like a legitimate call. He was out of bounds with the ball, I believe he bounced the ball, then stepped over the line into the field of play, and the stepped back out of bounds, taking possession of the ball again. I think he was distracted by his coach.