Indiana State Sycamores

Cooley

Keith....I think we have the potential to be a really good team. And we have some quality early wins. But it's 3 games into the season. This is the kind of team that not only makes the tournament - but can upset someone when it gets there.

But it's THREE GAMES. I believe we have about 27 to go. Anything can happen between now and then. I'm not gonna proclaim a Sun Belt title when we don't even have a good read of our fellow conference mates yet. This could be a special squad. I'm sure Wichita State thought last year was a special team too...when they rose into the top 10 early on. Conference play started and they didn't make the Dance.

We have potential. This could very well be better than last year's team. I'm not cynical here....I really do think we have a ton of upside. And I'm not gonna jump off the bandwagon at the 1st sign of trouble. Other than not covering the inbound pass vs New Orleans last year, I never questioned JJ much. I've been on board with him by and large since Day 1. I lived thru Trilli when I was a student, so Jones is the freaking man as far as I'm concerned. But it's way too early to tell about the '07-'08 team. It really is..

good post, sorry for jumping on you so quickly.. I just remember the naysayers from last year.. I'm very excited about this team, coming into the season I was concerned about the loss of Watson, and Davis, but out the gate we appear to be even better than last year.. I know its early in the season, and prolly too soon to make that judgment but I see big things for this team.. again my apologies for my comments..

Not to get too far ahead, but the UT game in December might tell us a lot about what we have here. That's the type of game where we haven't performed well in the past (see Nebraska last year). If we can stay on a roll to that game, we should go in with enough confidence to have a good showing.

Not to get too far ahead, but the UT game in December might tell us a lot about what we have here. That's the type of game where we haven't performed well in the past (see Nebraska last year). If we can stay on a roll to that game, we should go in with enough confidence to have a good showing.

I think the NMSU game before the Texas game will tell us a lot, as well.

We have potential.

Stole this from the late, great Ron Shanklin.

"Don't say that. Potential is a French word that means You ain't worth a $hit yet. We're gonna be good. No take that back, we're going to ge very good."

From an interview I did with him before the 1989 football season.

Stole this from the late, great Ron Shanklin.

"Don't say that. Potential is a French word that means You ain't worth a $hit yet. We're gonna be good. No take that back, we're going to ge very good."

From an interview I did with him before the 1989 football season.

Too bad that coach Shanklin was wrong about that team. What a downer after the '88 season.

There are two things that I worry about with this team...

1. Lack of depth behind Wooden

2. The number of turnovers

The bad news is #1 can't be fixed till next season with recruiting. The good news is we can cut down on the turnovers.

Quick topic change - If Indiana State had made their open 3's this would have been a very different game. They were really cold from the outside.

I have started to believe the Harold Stewart can provide this much needed depth.