What's A Week Without Controversy?

Cooley

We have problems with it and wish it was better. But this is a first-year HC, whose DC has had his system in place for nine games, versus a 9-year offensive philosophy, which had not worked well for the previous two seasons. I agree there needs to be a change in defensive coordinator, but its not like 5 wins in two seasons.

Well DD's philosophy didn't work for the first 4 years he was here either. I have to disagree to a point though, and I don't want back to back years like we had with the 2 previous years of DD ball, but 5 wins in 2 years isn't much worse than what we are witnessing with this defense and we still have 3 games to go.

As Mike Gundy would say, "Get Your Facts Straight".

Utah State's offense was averaging 18 points (143 pts in 8 games) a game prior to their thrashing this week. North Texas' offense was averaging 19 points (149 pts in 8 games) a game before the breakout at the Navy game. If you add the special teams and defensive touchdowns, then Utah State has an extra 4 touchdowns in that span to NT's 2.

"THAT AIN"T TRUE!"

Also, not including Boise or Navy, the teams USU has faced has given up slightly more points overall than who UNT has faced.

You don't have to wait. Simply point out that our defense sucks and Plumm will shadow your each and every post saying you are a DD freak and Utah State fan.

Seems like it would just be easier to recognize and admit that we have a defensive coordinator who doesn't know what he's doing. From trying to man up all night on OU's receivers to having two weeks to prepare for the option and still laying a 572-yard, 74 point-egg, it is plain to everyone except the most ardent Todd Dodge cultists that the guy doesn't understand how to game plan outside of Friday Night Lights.

No, I think Plumm was commenting on your statement that "Reesing has the advantage of being led by college coaches who understand the game, not statistics freaks from high school." Dodge isn't a stat freak, but an innovative offensive coach that led one of our QB's from the 90's, Mitch Maher, to record results. You just are changing your tune, because you don't like Dodge and you can't back up you claim that he's a "stat freak."

Here's a scenario I don't think anyone has considered..... What about Vizza and Riley BOTH playing? Dodge is crazy enough to do this... Vizza has already shown he can run the ball like a full back.... you can put Riley and Vizza lined up in shotgun... no one will know which QB is going to get the snap....and you have tons of options... Vizza can pass to Riley running out of the back field, Riley can motion and become a receiver, Vizza can run the ball right up the gut or block for Riley when he passes, etc.......talk about a dual threat QB situation....it would be the quadruple threat QB.....probably will never happen, but it was one scenario I dreamed up....

Here's a scenario I don't think anyone has considered..... What about Vizza and Riley BOTH playing? Dodge is crazy enough to do this... Vizza has already shown he can run the ball like a full back.... you can put Riley and Vizza lined up in shotgun... no one will know which QB is going to get the snap....and you have tons of options... Vizza can pass to Riley running out of the back field, Riley can motion and become a receiver, Vizza can run the ball right up the gut or block for Riley when he passes, etc.......talk about a dual threat QB situation....it would be the quadruple threat QB.....probably will never happen, but it was one scenario I dreamed up....

I like it...

Kind of a variation of the old Single Wing, where you have a QB and RB line up side-by-side in shotgun, and the ball can be directly snapped to either.

I doubt he would do it, but it would be interesting. Especially with a real running threat in the backfield.