What Worries Me The Most

NT03

At what point do the O players say something to the D players in the lockerooms , sidelines , practice.

At the point where they want to invite bigger, stronger, older players to kick their skinny butts into oblivion.

It's not the players who create the game plans. They should complain to the defensive coaches. No wait. If they did that, the WR coach would "redirect" them.

Remember, this team isn't allowed to show frustration. The language and attitude police are patrolling the sideline. And, to their credit, it's working. Our defense plays without attitude. They have all been successfully "redirected."

This is a great coaching staff.

...Meanwhile in Kansas...

Early in the season, a Jayhawk player returned a kickoff for a touchdown. For showboating, Kansas coach Mark Mangino cussed the player blue with a bevy of f-bombs that made YouTube. Kansas is 10-0 and bucking for a miracle national title shot. That's a head coach dog-cussing a player. Results? Yeah, but only if 10-0 is your idea of success in football.

We don't cuss. No, not us. Not our coaches, not our players. Keep your emotions in check. It's just a chess match. No reason to get excited in the heat of battle. We're 1-8, hoping to pull out wins against a questionable Arkansas State squad, a I-AA/provisional I-A team, and the pathetic FIU.

Darn it all!

At the point where they want to invite bigger, stronger, older players to kick their skinny butts into oblivion.

It's not the players who create the game plans. They should complain to the defensive coaches. No wait. If they did that, the WR coach would "redirect" them.

Remember, this team isn't allowed to show frustration. The language and attitude police are patrolling the sideline. And, to their credit, it's working. Our defense plays without attitude. They have all been successfully "redirected."

Early in the season, a Jayhawk player returned a kickoff for a touchdown. For showboating, Kansas coach Mark Mangino cussed the player blue with a bevy of f-bombs that made YouTube. Kansas is 10-0 and bucking for a miracle national title shot. That's a head coach dog-cussing a player. Results? Yeah, but only if 10-0 is your idea of success in football.

We don't cuss. No, not us. Not our coaches, not our players. Keep your emotions in check. It's just a chess match. No reason to get excited in the heat of battle. We're 1-8, hoping to pull out wins against a questionable Arkansas State squad, a I-AA/provisional I-A team, and the pathetic FIU.

Darn it all!

I would like to take expection to your post my friend. Maintaining that players must play and conduct themselves with respect for themselves, their team mates and coaches and fans IS not keeping emotions in check, it is about growing up to be a man. Both teams conducted themselves WITH CLASS that were on that field yesterday. I'll take that any day over a "Miami" thug culture that seems to be growing in college football today. Acting like an idiot is not the reasons team win, and you can play with emotion, but not irresponsible emotion. That is all Dodge is trying to create, and thank God for him.

I would like to take expection to your post my friend. Maintaining that players must play and conduct themselves with respect for themselves, their team mates and coaches and fans IS not keeping emotions in check, it is about growing up to be a man. Both teams conducted themselves WITH CLASS that were on that field yesterday. I'll take that any day over a "Miami" thug culture that seems to be growing in college football today. Acting like an idiot is not the reasons team win, and you can play with emotion, but not irresponsible emotion. That is all Dodge is trying to create, and thank God for him.

Miami is awful. Did you check their box score this week. Shut out.

No one's talking about thug culture. But, there's a vast difference between full blown "thug culture" and a kid on a 1-6 team blowing off steam after making an on the field mistake in a game that made them 1-7.

The overarching point is that if the coaches don't let players play with some attitude, they won't play with attitude. Look at most other big programs. Coaches are climbing all over players for mistakes and not using milk and cookie language.

Football is a game packed with adrenaline and emotion. You can't totally shut that down with some blanket of language/attitude patrol during a game.

Look, a team just ran a track meet against our defense to the tune of 572 rushing yard...and 108 passing yards on just four completions! All I'm saying is that our defense isn't playing like they want it.

With an 11-point second quarter lead, our defense rolled over for 35 points, and we clung to a four point halftime lead. There's something there that goes beyond player skill and coaching preparation. It's attitude. We don't have it.

Darn it all!

This would explain why Tom Landry and his teams were such failures. The coach didn't scream at players on the sidelines. He just kept his cool, kept his hat on and his tie tightened. Look at the sorry mess he left behind.

TFLF,

You have Zero credibility. By your own admission you were playing with your children during the game. That proves the type of fan you are.

I don't like the fact that NT's defense stinks. But I don't think a dog-cussing in public makes the team better. I don't think Mendoza is doing a good job, but give him the full season. Todd Dodge cares too much about his team to not do something.

For showboating, Kansas coach Mark Mangino cussed the player blue with a bevy of f-bombs that made YouTube. Kansas is 10-0 and bucking for a miracle national title shot. That's a head coach dog-cussing a player. Results? Yeah, but only if 10-0 is your idea of success in football.

You can hold someone accountable for mistakes and still be civil. I hope Mangino has publicly apologized for his actions.

TFLF,

You have Zero credibility. By your own admission you were playing with your children during the game. That proves the type of fan you are.

Yes, I'm a terrible fan for wasting my time with my own child. Horrible. Obviously, I should leave my kid and eight-month pregnant wife to go watch a junior high-grade defense. Honestly, what kind of "man" sticks around the house with his boy and pregnant wife when there is awful football to be watched?

Actually, I should be taken in for child abuse for making my son listen to the garbage.

Darn it all!

Dude, you are a DD Ball advocate and most every post you make blatantly shows it. It also show how entrenched you and a handful on this board are (and were) so on board with that "we never shoot for the moon ever" attitude in Denton (unless a thrown together consortium of schools most of us from the Fry era had never even heard was put together in a conference call the Sun Belt, and then the Sun Belt became yalls version of that moon to shoot for)?:( Well, it sure as hell was the former Kansas State connections version of their "shooting SBC fish in the barrell" moon, now wasn't it?

SO GO AHEAD, MAKE OUR DAY AND...................tell all your DD Ball buddies to just get over it and maybe even consider becoming Utah State Aggie fans, at least for the next few weeks anyway.

I highlighted the one thing that you obviously and most sarcastically added to your post but let me be the first one to tell you that one day you (and all your "low expectations/never ranked" advocates of DD Ball) will one day in the near future have to eat a helluva' bunch of crow because all of you (who strangely gave Dickey 5 years of your patience and under .500 football to "finally" hit his low profile nitch in Denton)....

...nevertheless...........all of you (how many now--about 13 of you?) will see a Mean Green football program that is not afraid to recruit DFW area high schools and will not visit Texas HS football coaches across the state with a "we po' but proud" DD type of attitude, and his coaching staff will also not be afraid to discipline football players no matter what race, religion or creed (instead of like a prior coaching staff who thought it cool to go out and get wasted with our football players on the night before bowl games)....

....and Coach Dodge and his staff will never have under the radar in their recruiting vocabulary, that is, they will not be timid as to announce kids who verbally committ to the Mean Green.

Even a novice in human psychology can understand and see there is a marked difference between what this coaching staff is working to eventually get accomplished versus what the previous coaching staff seemed to never had on its agenda, rather than the agenda of "how fast can daddy get me out of Denton to the Big 12 with all these huge Sun Belt wins under my belt."

I would say many of us look forward to the day that those who refuse to let this coaching staff even get thru their first freakin' year will suddenly (and strangely) grow very silent when success at a higher profile becomes the rule in Mean Green Country.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Ah, yes. The classic "If you don't like 100% of everything Todd Dodge, you're a DD bootlicker." Because, we all know there are only two men on the planet who can coach the UNT football team - Darrell Dickey or Todd Dodge. You must either like one or the other 100%.

It's as stupid now as any other time you drag it out. Pointing out crappy coaching and results by this defensive coaching staff has nothing to do with Darrell Dickey...except in your mind.

Ah, yes. The classic "If you don't like 100% of everything Todd Dodge, you're a DD bootlicker." Because, we all know there are only two men on the planet who can coach the UNT football team - Darrell Dickey or Todd Dodge. You must either like one or the other 100%.

It's as stupid now as any other time you drag it out. Pointing out crappy coaching and results by this defensive coaching staff has nothing to do with Darrell Dickey...except in your mind.

Well...........just what is it that you tasted when you licked DD's boots? Hopefully, DD hadn't walked thru the 12 acres adjacent to my one acre before you started your taste-fest.

MAYBE ILLUSTRATIONS CAN EXPLAIN SOME OF THIS? I wrecked my Buick and it didn't drive well at all the last 2 years because of its prior wrecked condition, so you are the new driver of this same ol' wrecked Buick and you are going to get dramatically better results?

LIKE IT OR NOT & TO THOSE WHO STILL CANNOT BUY IT BUT..............We are still going to have to allow this coaching staff to recruit the kids they need for their system. Shit fire and save the matches, Darrell Dickey had 9 years to show us his stuff, that is, what he would leave behind as his real legacy as he insulted our entire UNT constituency in his last month on payroll. And FWIW............. much that is posted this season does use DD comparisons (albeit quite subtle at times) whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Todd Dodge still comes out the better in the comparison even with only 1 win and that 1 win coming with DD's last 3-4 years recruiting results.

For damn sure, we are drawing better at Fouts Field than we did during 4 SBC championships and at UNT with our turnstile's past history, this is quite a phenomena happening now; hopefully, a Saturday game after Thanksgiving doesn't blow what some have told me could turn out to be our best per game average at Fouts Field in our entire history.

Posted it earlier, but Todd Dodge will get this defense thing corrected much sooner than it took Dickey to have his first above .500 season at UNT which was in his 5'th year.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Should of tasted like RF's backside , but since he was loyal to him probably just tasted like pee.

I hope our current coach isn't too loyal to his buddy , in the end the only thing that matters are W's & and his buddy has cost him a few of those this year.

Darn it all!

There's a difference in showing frustration and not being a team player. Ask Joseph Miller about that. Another "quality post" from the resident moron.