Two New Recruits For Men's B-ball

chrisfisher

I just checked the Men's B-ball roster and what do you know. I found 2 new names. Apparently, these signings went unannounced?? I wonder if these are walk ons? Montague appears to be a transfer from Centenary. Interesting, we scheduled Centenary for a game this season too. Here is their info from meangreensports.com:

Horne, Jr., Ronald (G, 6-1, 185, Fr., Waco, TX, Waco HS)

Waco High School: Was a First-Team All-District selection as a senior at Waco High School ... Averaged 24.3 points, 3.7 assists and 3.2 steals per game as a senior ... Named to the Central Texas All Star Game roster ... Also earned all-district and Super Centex honors in 2004-05 ... Averaged 18.2 points, 4.2 assists and 2.1 steals per game as for the Lions in 2004-05 ... A multi-sports star, Ronald lettered for three years in both basketball and football ... Member of the National Honors Society ... A talented family, Horne is the cousin of San Diego Chargers superstar LaDanian Tomlinson and Oklahoma State football player Damien Davis ... Son of Loretta and Ronald Harris ... Born Sept. 16, 1988.

Montague, Jr., Jeff (F, 6-6, 215, So., Colleyville, TX, Centenary)

Centenary College: A tireless worker on the defensive end, Montague led the team in charges taken ... Started 10 games for the Gentlemen, including top opponents Texas, Georgia Tech and Baylor ... Averaged two points and two rebounds per game ... Was named to the Mid-Continent Conference All-Academic Team.

Wow! Are we already getting to a point where we can attract walkons like Horne? What a set of credentials; and LT's cousin to boot.

We don't actually know that they are walk-ons. We were only guessing. My best guess is that one from Centenary was a transfer. I bet Horne did not walk on if he is that good.

We don't actually know that they are walk-ons. We were only guessing. My best guess is that one from Centenary was a transfer. I bet Horne did not walk on if he is that good.

In your scenario....they'd both be on scholarship. And that's impossible, since we have 13 guys on scholarship. (that's the limit).

So, in all probability....they're both walk-ons.

Wow! Are we already getting to a point where we can attract walkons like Horne? What a set of credentials; and LT's cousin to boot.

R.J. is just as athletic and quick as any of the scholarship players. He usually finishes first in the sprints and he never gets tired. He seems to have good ball-handling and shooting skills. I can't understand how a national honor society student with his ability did not get a scholarship somewhere. He was not in uniform or on the bench for the game with the Panhandlers.

Jeff Montague has not been on the team as long as R.J.,but ten starts for a D-1 school should mean he will be a good walk-on.

In your scenario....they'd both be on scholarship. And that's impossible, since we have 13 guys on scholarship. (that's the limit).

So, in all probability....they're both walk-ons.

I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing that out....