Current Players

greenjacket

As TD is the headcoach, he is, unfortunately, bearing the brunt of the allegation. Very sad. To play a devil's advocate: what if the appearance of a racial bias have been shown by one or two of TD's assistants?

From my one time encounter with TD, I personally believe he is a down-to- earth and thoughtful person. He did not seem to have any chip on his shoulder or appear biased to minorities around him.

It is unfortunate the allegation went out of the university and not addressed in house.

Having said that, have you thought of the current players, both black and white, not saying anything because they had observed some form of bias mixed with discipline? They would, probably, not take the route of the three players because they have better advisers. Nevertheless, they would not discredit the allegation either.

Therefore, they let the university complete their investigation and perhaps institute a corrective measure. So we must all wait.

I think having the Defensive Captain Joseph Miller debunk the bias is enough for me. Also I am sure the team wants to come out and say all of this is BS, and who is to say they aren't saying it in private. Besides why fan the flames more, when there is now a game to focus on this weekend.

From my one time encounter with TD, I personally believe he is a down-to- earth and thoughtful person. He did not seem to have any chip on his shoulder or appear biased to minorities around him.

Are you black...or white? I ask because this may show some pertinence and help qualify your statement. A lot of times, white people may not notice racism from another white person. However, those of us that are a minority have a greater opportunity to translate tendencies into racial bias. A look here...small aphorism there...doesn't matter. The point is, these young men found reason enough to accuse their head football coach of being racially bias. Thus, and unfortunately, these accusations must be investigated appropriately and justly.

The point is, these young men found reason enough to accuse their head football coach of being racially bias. Thus, and unfortunately, these accusations must be investigated appropriately and justly.

I don't know about that. The court system does not hear every case that various nuggetheads try to bring. I would have thought that upon hearing the allegations, the NAACP would have asked, "Upon what basis do you believe the UNT coaching staff is racist?" But there is no real basis, unless there is something being withheld. Having standards of dress and speech hardly makes one racist.

Are you black...or white? I ask because this may show some pertinence and help qualify your statement. A lot of times, white people may not notice racism from another white person. However, those of us that are a minority have a greater opportunity to translate tendencies into racial bias. A look here...small aphorism there...doesn't matter. The point is, these young men found reason enough to accuse their head football coach of being racially bias. Thus, and unfortunately, these accusations must be investigated appropriately and justly.

I think these young men have a problem with discipline. They can not separate the differnce between racial bias and a stern "sit your dumb a$$ down and shut up! "

Edited by RETSO

In my experience there are 2 types of coaches.

1. A coach that turns a blind eye to off field issues as long as the results are good on the field

2. A coach that enforces their rules no matter where their players are.

It seems to me we are transitioning from the 1st type of coach to the 2nd. Players that are used to getting away with anything they want are having to obey rules and don't like it. The players tried to rebel and assert the power they used to have and Dodge simply said "My program, my rules"

This whole situation is childish and unfortunately far too common. Imagine what this would be like if these were 2 white players accusing a black coach of racism over how they had to wear their hats and their "shwag" They would be laughed out of the program.