Dmn Women Pt Gd Quattrocchi..started 17 Games Last Year

OldTimer

UNT to play exhibition; Quattrocchi leaves team

12:33 AM CDT on Thursday, November 1, 2007

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

The UNT women's basketball team will play its only exhibition game before the the regular season at 7 p.m. tonight at the Super Pit against the Houston Jaguars.

The Mean Green will be without point guard Amanda Quattrocchi, who decided not to return to the team. Quattrocchi averaged 3.5 points and 2.7 rebounds last season, when she started 17 games.

Sure seems like a turbulent times for UNT athletics. Football is a nightmare for so many different reasons, women's soccer decided to tank at the end, and now players leaving the women's B-ball team. I am so excited about Men's B-ball and I sure hope that they will not take the same course as our other sports this season.

Sure seems like a turbulent times for UNT athletics. Football is a nightmare for so many different reasons, women's soccer decided to tank at the end, and now players leaving the women's B-ball team. I am so excited about Men's B-ball and I sure hope that they will not take the same course as our other sports this season.

Over reaction? Football isn't in dire straits... just some kid mad he got booted

Guest GrayEagleOne

It's very possible that they have been planning to put Yari Escalera, the Colorado transfer, at the point and Quatterachi would have lost her starting job.

Quatterachi was decent at handing out assists but had quite a few turnovers. She also wasn't much of a scorer. Escalera was second in assists and had an 8.5 scoring average her last season at Colorado.

Might want to go see an orthopedic. Those knee jerks might cause some permanent damage.

Over reaction? Football isn't in dire straits... just some kid mad he got booted

A 1-7 record and one of the worst D1A defenses in the country with ugly blow out loses in the Sunbelt (as well as in other conferences). I don't think it gets much worse than this. I guess we're lucky that our new upgraded QB is still playing after the beatings he takes every game because of our lousy offensive line. But don't get me wrong. I haven't withdrawn support. I won't miss a home game this season, and haven't in 3 years. Moreover, I think Dodge will turn it around relatively soon (1 or 2 years). But let's call it like it is: a very bad football season.

Edited by chrisfisher