Unt's Dodge Denies Allegations Of Racism

NT80

KBJ, KBJ, KBJ...Always bitter, huh?!? :D

KBJ seems to be a guy who 1) has information about players concerns 2) isn't ready to sell them out for a coaching staff.

It disappointed me greatly that no one really wants to weigh the situation. Is the coach in favor, can't be his fault. Is he out of favor? It's the coaches fault.

I hope the coaching staff enjoys their honeymoon period. If at the end of the 2009 season they have 6 total wins, you guys are going to think they are "idiots" like Dickey and his staff.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that why that several Sr. have been told that the spring term will not be paid for under their ships?????????????????

Maybe now he will rethink his actions

Haven't heard any seniors complaining. Green and Chatman are underclassmen.

Is that why that several Sr. have been told that the spring term will not be paid for under their ships?????????????????

Maybe now he will rethink his actions

I might be wrong but I do not think the a scholarship can be pulled mid year. You can pull it at the end of the school year, but not in the middle. The letter of intents are signed for a year.

I would like to know your information b/c I feel it is false and demeaning to the staff.

Oldtimer or Harry could you comment.

I know when coaching tennis we had the ladies for the full-year unless they left at mid-year to go home and not come back.

KBJ seems to be a guy who 1) has information about players concerns 2) isn't ready to sell them out for a coaching staff.

It disappointed me greatly that no one really wants to weigh the situation. Is the coach in favor, can't be his fault. Is he out of favor? It's the coaches fault.

I hope the coaching staff enjoys their honeymoon period. If at the end of the 2009 season they have 6 total wins, you guys are going to think they are "idiots" like Dickey and his staff.

You're absolutely right, the coaches should just let their players yell profanity when less than 50 feet from children. Good Call.

KBJ's bitterness is because of the lack of playing time for several juniors and seniors. I don't blam KBJ because that is a tough pill to swallow. Dodge has ruffled some feathers, has made some unpopular decision, Mendoza is getting raked over the coals.

Wait till Riley plays, this board is going to light up when things go wrong. This situation (racism) will turn to nepotism and could get really ugly too. By then, hopefully, Riley will have an OL with experience and a entire coaching staff with experience. Can you imagine if Riley was playing this season with this young OL and this inexperienced coaching staff? Riley would be beaten up and people would be screaming at Dodge for playing his son.

Dodge is not a racist. NEXT subject, please.

What's that have to do with the current allegations of racism? And besides, why would you bring that in now? Of course we're gonna be mad as hell if TD only racks up 6 wins between now and end of 2009...wouldn't you?

And what, if TD has an incredibly win-heavy record at the end of 2009, what are you gonna say about it?

I think there's more to the story than we all know. I just want this to blow over really fast, I don't want this hanging around for the rest of the season and ruining recruiting and anything else it could damage.

Do you really believe that? I have heard the players and coaches cuss many times during games this year. It's football, not hopscotch.

That's right. I was thinking it was a family environment. I was thinking drugs, alcohol, profanity, and weapons weren't allowed in the stadium. My bad.

I guess things are different in Fayetteville at U of A where I saw an Arkansas fan and a North Texas fan both told to watch their language by the police or they would be thrown out of the game.

This is a "backup" corner who returned an interception 75-yards for a TD to help us to our only win of the season, right? Hmm. Why isn't he starting? Any of the "starting" cornerbacks running back interceptions for TDs...or even making interceptions?

Here's the stunning hypocrisy of this board. At the beginning of the season, you couldn't scroll two posts without getting hit with a "Where's Dominique Green? Why isn't he playing?" comment. Now, he's expendable...a mere back-up with an attitude problem. Seriously.

As I noted yesterday, this has the markings of a split locker room and a coaching staff who doesn't know how to control it. But, as I've said before, it shouldn't surprise or upset us. Our Board of Directors, president, and athletic director hired a high school coach who turned around and hired a bunch of high school coaches.

Last year, the majority of them were policing high school kids, sheperding them in between classes, study hall, and lunch. It shouldn't surprise us that they have trouble handling college athletes. It's not their fault; they're not accustomed to handling college athletes. It's not as simple as calling their mommies and daddies anymore.

More and more and more learning curve. It's sickening. On the field and off. The circus displayed on the field last weekend is apparently going full tilt off the field as well.

As I noted yesterday, this has the markings of a split locker room and a coaching staff who doesn't know how to control it. But, as I've said before, it shouldn't surprise or upset us. Our Board of Directors, president, and athletic director hired a high school coach who turned around and hired a bunch of high school coaches.

This is my question as well. Players usually show loyalty to their coaches. I think it's a little naive to think DG is the only one who has a problem and blow this off. The kid is not an idiot, neither are the coaches.

Edited by Got5onIt

As I noted yesterday, this has the markings of a split locker room and a coaching staff who doesn't know how to control it.

Please explain along what lines this "markings of a split locker room" fall? Are you referring to racial lines, upperclassmen/lowerclassmen, etc...? What exactly are you referring to?

This is a "backup" corner who returned an interception 75-yards for a TD to help us to our only win of the season, right? Hmm. Why isn't he starting?

As has been made clear, because of discipline problems.

Any of the "starting" cornerbacks running back interceptions for TDs...or even making interceptions?
Perhaps not, but you don't give a player a free pass to do whatever he wants because he can make an interception.

Here's the stunning hypocrisy of this board.

Are you referring to a certain poster whose name rhymes with "Uh, Make Bonnie Flinch"? Oh, wait, there's more to come.

At the beginning of the season, you couldn't scroll two posts without getting hit with a "Where's Dominique Green? Why isn't he playing?" comment. Now, he's expendable...a mere back-up with an attitude problem. Seriously.
That's because none of us knew why. As far as talent, he probably should have been starting the whole time. But if he is a discipline problem, he needs to sit.

Last year, the majority of them were policing high school kids, sheperding them in between classes, study hall, and lunch. It shouldn't surprise us that they have trouble handling college athletes. It's not their fault; they're not accustomed to handling college athletes. It's not as simple as calling their mommies and daddies anymore.

More and more and more learning curve. It's sickening. On the field and off. The circus displayed on the field last weekend is apparently going full tilt off the field as well.

Yes, there is a learning curve. But it is for players who have to learn what discipline is, a trait that was undermined by some, though probably not all, of the previous staff.

As has been made clear, because of discipline problems.

Perhaps not, but you don't give a player a free pass to do whatever he wants because he can make an interception.

Are you referring to a certain poster whose name rhymes with "Uh, Make Bonnie Flinch"? Oh, wait, there's more to come.

That's because none of us knew why. As far as talent, he probably should have been starting the whole time. But if he is a discipline problem, he needs to sit.

Yes, there is a learning curve. But it is for players who have to learn what discipline is, a trait that was undermined by some, though probably not all, of the previous staff.

Yeah that staff sucked. :ph34r:

Please explain along what lines this "markings of a split locker room" fall? Are you referring to racial lines, upperclassmen/lowerclassmen, etc...? What exactly are you referring to?

I think Finch is trying to say many players are unhappy. There is no definite split like you're thinking. As stated in my earlier post, it's naive to think DG is the only player with the problem. These kids are not idiots and neither are the coaches. Racism, I certainly hope, is not the real issue here. However, one can't ignore the fact that something has gotten out of hand within the team.....

Sloppy play indicates lack of leadership as well as poor coaching. We've seen that all along. The incident on the field between Green and the assistant, and now another player jumping in, show that there are players in the locker room who do not respect the coaching staff.

If guys were buying into what these coaches sell, there'd be upperclassmen policing the squad. Instead, an upperclassman is suspended for fighting with a coach. Apparently, he didn't feel that going to the NCAAP would hurt his standing among enough teammates, so he did it.

Stuff like that doesn't just pop into someone's head. It's likely that there has been a group of players grumbling about whatever it is they feel slighted about. The incident between the coach without college experience and the player with three years college experience has ignited what was already there.

Also, stick me in the crowd that says the coaches shouldn't be worrying about whether or not a player is cussing. How many thousands of times have we seen coaches saying the F- or S-word on TV (or picking their noses)? Many. It's a complete dream world to think players and coaches don't cuss on the sideline.

At the OU game, I saw OU's coaches literally crawling inside the players' helmets sometimes. I doubt they were asking how their classes were going and how their families were doing.

Let me just add this as well - if our coaches are worried about players cussing during the heat of battle, then, Houston, we've got a problem. It should be expected that players will be upset at times during games when they make mistakes. If they can't vent a little right then and there, when can they? It's not like getting triple-jumped in a game of checkers out there.

If Clayton or any other coach is going to be squimish about language during a football game, they should go back to Haltom, Hillcrest, Southlake, or wherever it it they all came from. Let us get some coaches in here who can handle the locker room and sideline. And, get us some coaches who aren't busy trolling the fan message sites.

Stupid. The whole thing is stupid. These coaches have to realize they can't use the same method of player control in a college locker room as they did in a high school. I mean, really.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Sloppy play indicates lack of leadership as well as poor coaching. We've seen that all along. The incident on the field between Green and the assistant, and now another player jumping in, show that there are players in the locker room who do not respect the coaching staff.

If guys were buying into what these coaches sell, there'd be upperclassmen policing the squad. Instead, an upperclassman is suspended for fighting with a coach. Apparently, he didn't feel that going to the NCAAP would hurt his standing among enough teammates, so he did it.

Stuff like that doesn't just pop into someone's head. It's likely that there has been a group of players grumbling about whatever it is they feel slighted about. The incident between the coach without college experience and the player with three years college experience has ignited what was already there.

Salient points.

I seem to have read that Joseph Miller got in Dom's face over his selfish play, or something of that nature. The same Joseph Miller that was quoted in the paper saying:

The allegations came as a shock to UNT junior defensive lineman Joseph Miller, who is black, and several area coaches and athletic directors who have worked with Dodge over the years. Dodge spent the 2000-06 seasons at Southlake Carroll and won four state titles in his last five years at the school.

"I heard about it this morning and was shocked," Miller said. "I have not been a victim of anything like that. Hopefully this will pass over."

Wow, I guess Fake Lonnie should take over this team before it gets any worse. I forgot Clayton George had less experience in college than Dominique Green even though George is a UNT letterman. I'm going to stop now because this is going nowhere in a hurry. I'm confident you will all be satisfied when the rest of the story finally gets out.

This whole thing is classic. 2 backup DBs that have discipline issues are told to clean it up. They don't want to, think it's stepping on their toes and whatnot, so they cry racism. Maybe those that aren't crying racism, whites & blacks, are the ones that are actually behaving as Dodge expects his players to behave. This is almost like the "white refs call more fouls on black NBA players." More less-than-upstanding players are black, and therefore need more encouragement to clean up their act.

We could plant pot or guns on them in an effort to be more like Texas. That is how they usually get rid of their spares.

Wow, I guess Fake Lonnie should take over this team before it gets any worse. I forgot Clayton George had less experience in college than Dominique Green even though George is a UNT letterman. I'm going to stop now because this is going nowhere in a hurry. I'm confident you will all be satisfied when the rest of the story finally gets out.

Coach George led the team in receptions in '92 and going into this season was tied for 5th all time for the most catches in a game.

Rick

Guest GrayEagleOne

Fifteen of the 22 that start on offense and defense are black, as are a number of key backups. None of them have spoken up (other than Green and Chatman) so I tend to believe that this is not a racial issue. Ironically, their position coach is/was also black.

It's a shame because I think that both were good athletes. Discipline will always be a part of our lives. We have laws, rules and regulations in our everyday living that we must adhere to and we are not trying to build esprit de corps. I can tell you what will happen to those in the military who can't follow rules.

I wish that Ramone Archie would comment on the difference in being a high school coach and being a college coach, since he has done both. To me, there's not a lot of difference except that college players are bigger and faster. Some are more mature but there are plenty of high school players that are forced to early maturity. In high school, only a few on the opposing team may be college size and speed whereas everyone in college has proportionally more speed/size.

I hope that it will be resolved quickly so that potential recruits will know that they are not dealing with a racist coaching staff. The problem is that even if given a clean report there will likely remain a stigma attached to the program with wome athletes.

That's right. I was thinking it was a family environment. I was thinking drugs, alcohol, profanity, and weapons weren't allowed in the stadium. My bad.

If you are really this outraged by cussing you should probably email RV and demand he suspend Coach Dodge, because he has been know to OMG-CUSS-OMG during games, here is his email address:

RickV@unt.edu

Let me just add this as well - if our coaches are worried about players cussing during the heat of battle, then, Houston, we've got a problem. It should be expected that players will be upset at times during games when they make mistakes. If they can't vent a little right then and there, when can they? It's not like getting triple-jumped in a game of checkers out there.

If Clayton or any other coach is going to be squimish about language during a football game, they should go back to Haltom, Hillcrest, Southlake, or wherever it it they all came from. Let us get some coaches in here who can handle the locker room and sideline. And, get us some coaches who aren't busy trolling the fan message sites.

Stupid. The whole thing is stupid. These coaches have to realize they can't use the same method of player control in a college locker room as they did in a high school. I mean, really.

Yeah, these coaches are squeamish about cursing, right. Get some context, Finch. The kid had just been benched for not following directions. His teammates come over to do a little peer counseling (read: Quit playing like a jackass, dude), and he shoves it back in their faces. Then, he goes on a loud, immature cussing rant the rest of the game within earshot of everyone. He's not in the heat of battle; his ass is benched. All Clayton did was come over, tell him to cut it out, and he pulls the childish "You can't tell me what to do" act.

It's one thing to cheer with your team and shout, "tackle his ass" with everyone else. But when you stand back and call attention to yourself when there are more important matters at hand, you deserve to be "redirected."

If you want to blame the coaches for poor play, go ahead. But don't drag these guys down into some cesspool agenda of yours when you don't know what you're talking about.